X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K60 Autofeed?

Could jaws be replaced with steel ball/rollers on a slight bias in a K60? Would that make it autofeed?

Never hurts to think...

J.C.

Re: K60 Autofeed?

running the k-60 machine in reverse will make it auto feed very nicely. try going in reverse with my reverse auger and all your problems will be solved.

but to answer your question, it would require a clutch with a spiral grove cut into it to grip and spin and thread. but i think it would also cause the clutch to want to move forward too.

my timberwolf also auto feeds in the forward direction as it was designed to do that. with 10' general 1.25'' cables.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK;315296[B
      ]running the k-60 machine in reverse will make it auto feed very nicely.[/B] try going in reverse with my reverse auger and all your problems will be solved.

but to answer your question, it would require a clutch with a spiral grove cut into it to grip and spin and thread. but i think it would also cause the clutch to want to move forward too.

my timberwolf also auto feeds in the forward direction as it was designed to do that. with 10' general 1.25'' cables.

rick.
      I do this with I95. Thanks.

Also, with the General, as you know the front of the tube legs are curved. You can tilt up on them and get a feed rhythm going hardly touching the cable.

J.C.

Comment

The Eel Model C cables are self feeding as well as their 5/8" cable for the model N. To feed them back out you have to run the machines in reverse though.

As for the Ridgid sectional machines Rick already pointed out, you run the machine on reverse and the cable will feed itself into the pipe. Trick is to hold the cable on the edge of the pipe. Some goes for retrieving the cable run it on forward and hold the cable on the edge of the pipe and the cable will come right out of the clean out.

When the jaws wear out on my K1500 or K500 the cable seems to self feed, but I do not get the desired torque when in tight blockages. So when the cable feeds itself out of the machine I know its time for new jaws.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          The Eel Model C cables are self feeding as well as their 5/8" cable for the model N. To feed them back out you have to run the machines in reverse though.

As for the Ridgid sectional machines Rick already pointed out, you run the machine on reverse and the cable will feed itself into the pipe. Trick is to hold the cable on the edge of the pipe. Some goes for retrieving the cable run it on forward and hold the cable on the edge of the pipe and the cable will come right out of the clean out.

When the jaws wear out on my K1500 or K500 the cable seems to self feed, but I do not get the desired torque when in tight blockages. So when the cable feeds itself out of the machine I know its time for new jaws.
          Thanks Ron. This makes me think my roller-ball-jaw would very much work. Problem is when you want to sit and eat at one place.

Two levers/jaws? Hmmmm.....

J.C.

Comment

Easy easy easy..... Just shove the 7/8 open wind already connected into a spartan 1065, then rip the motor off and place the k60 on the back with the lever duct taped down, use a car axle and pully to drive the drum. Ream out the auto feed to fit the cable and Bam one k-60 auto feed/drum machine. No more drum vs sectional debates and everybody has the best of both worlds.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              Easy easy easy..... Just shove the 7/8 open wind already connected into a spartan 1065, then rip the motor off and place the k60 on the back with the lever duct taped down, use a car axle and pully to drive the drum. Ream out the auto feed to fit the cable and Bam one k-60 auto feed/drum machine. No more drum vs sectional debates and everybody has the best of both worlds.
              If we ever find ourselves in some kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland, I want this guy with me. He's like MacGyver!
              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

My Ridgid sectional cables (all sizes 5/8, 7/8 and 1-1/4) all feed themselves in Forward just peachy.

If you put the machine in reverse, it does self feed more quickly, but the cable still finds it's way down the pipe in forward. lift the clutch, pull some cable through, push down the clutch, watch the cable go down the hole.

I always tell the guys, don't try to push it down the pipe unless you are trying to jump a trap or something. Let the machine do it's job.

I rod by feel, and I just let the machines feed the cable in. To pull them out, just give the cable a gentle tug and it will ease back out.

I've found the same to be true with drum machines (1/2, 5/8 and 3/4 cables).
                Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 11-01-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

JC, Methinks you want an attachment kinda like the spartan autofeed. , except maybe figure out a way to make the bearing clutch operate with an air foot pedal?

That way you can have 1 hand on the cable, 1 on the drive clutch (to spin the cable) and 1 foot on the autofeed. Kinda like driving stick?

We just need a really big model N that spins bigger cable

Comment

Working...
                  X