Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

    Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
    http://www.amazingmachinery.com/pres...onversion.html

    Thinking about one of these kits. Any thoughts?
    I am happy with mine,already own 2 pressure washers.

    Was surprised at the GREAT quality ! Good starter setup,Kills Grease and pulls all 100' ,no problem.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

      Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      I am happy with mine,already own 2 pressure washers.

      Was surprised at the GREAT quality ! Good starter setup,Kills Grease and pulls all 100' ,no problem.
      What are the specs of the motor/pump you are using with that kit?
      Ideal Plumbing

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

        Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
        what are the specs of the motor/pump you are using with that kit?
        3000 psi at 3 gal per minute
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

          I'm so tempted to put together my own washer/jetter conversion but I should probably better educate myself on the actual process of jetting - nozzles/techniques, etc first.
          Ideal Plumbing

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

            The main advantages of a jetter over a pressure washer are as follow:

            - Higher flow rate on jetters. The KJ-3000 has 4gpm @ 3000psi. The higher flow rate delivers more power to the obstructions and also helps to carry them away.

            - No pulse valve on the pressure washer. This is helpful for navigating turns in the pipe.

            - Longer pump life. Jetters use professional pumps that are meant to last. A $350 pressure washer cannot offer the same quality and reliability.

            - Everything is made for the professional on the jetter. The carts are heavier and stronger, the tires are solid instead of pneumatic, the hoses are tougher.

            - When you modify a pressure washer, you have to make sure that every part you include is rated for the pressure you intend to use and you probably void the warranty. With the jetter, the work has already been done and the unit can be serviced with stock parts.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

              Originally posted by bmitch00 View Post
              The main advantages of a jetter over a pressure washer are as follow:

              - Higher flow rate on jetters. The KJ-3000 has 4gpm @ 3000psi. The higher flow rate delivers more power to the obstructions and also helps to carry them away.

              - No pulse valve on the pressure washer. This is helpful for navigating turns in the pipe.

              - Longer pump life. Jetters use professional pumps that are meant to last. A $350 pressure washer cannot offer the same quality and reliability.

              - Everything is made for the professional on the jetter. The carts are heavier and stronger, the tires are solid instead of pneumatic, the hoses are tougher.

              - When you modify a pressure washer, you have to make sure that every part you include is rated for the pressure you intend to use and you probably void the warranty. With the jetter, the work has already been done and the unit can be serviced with stock parts.
              I do agree with you on most points EXCEPT that last one. If a pressure washer was designed to produce 2500, 3000, 4000 PSI (whatever the case may be) I'm pretty sure every part of the machine was made to handle that kind of pressure, otherwise it would be constantly breaking down even being used as a pressure washer like it was intended.

              Other than that, I'm not saying that a modified pressure washer would be the same as buying a purpose built jetter, I'm just thinking it could be a temporary solution until one can afford the higher price tag of a purpose built machine.
              Ideal Plumbing

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

                i buy a lot of used tools. if i make money with them i buy new when i wear them out. sometimes wearing them out is tough. like my k-38 and k-60. can not seem to wear them out. what can i say? breid...........

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

                  We don't jet that much but my jetter is an old pressure washer and it seems to work good for us. We don't use it for roots however.
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

                    Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                    We don't jet that much but my jetter is an old pressure washer and it seems to work good for us. We don't use it for roots however.
                    I doubt I would use it for roots either, it would probably be just for grease/sludge in kitchen drains.
                    Ideal Plumbing

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

                      Once again,Amazing Machinery's setup is perfect for that. Just do it and start making money!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

                        The search feature will show lots of PW conversions. They work like a dream.
                        example:
                        http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...or+mans+jetter
                        Seattle Drain Service

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

                          Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          I use the same machine as JH. Bought the pressure washer used off Craigslist.
                          Started out with 13HP Honda GX390 engine paired with Annovi Reveri RK pump. I added the pulse valve myself ($60) and hose reel from Harbor Freight. Total investment about $800. I even made my own Root Ranger for less than $50

                          This would be the smallest gas jetter set up that I would use.
                          Plumberscrack,while looking through old posts,I reread thispost and whould like to know? .Do you still use the homemade root ranger?with what results?

                          Aslo,how well does the harbour freight hose reel work under pressure?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

                            Originally posted by red1234 View Post
                            Plumberscrack,while looking through old posts,I reread thispost and whould like to know? .Do you still use the homemade root ranger?with what results?

                            Aslo,how well does the harbour freight hose reel work under pressure?
                            I'm an occasional jetter user. Maybe once a month at most. I use the Screwdriver nozzle for general cleaning with excellent results.

                            The homemade Root Ranger I use for descaling cast iron and heavy packed grease. For roots, I'm still a believer in using a cable. The RR is used in 4" pipe and only after I've run the camera to make sure no separations in the joints. It will fit in 3" but it's too tight for my liking.

                            The hose reel from HF works good but one of the 1/2" x 3/8" bushings split on me and sprayed water everywhere for 10 minutes. Good thing it was outside. With 50' of 3/8" hose, it's pretty full. You won't fit much more on there.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Poor man's jetter from pressure washer?

                              Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              I'm an occasional jetter user. Maybe once a month at most. I use the Screwdriver nozzle for general cleaning with excellent results.

                              The homemade Root Ranger I use for descaling cast iron and heavy packed grease. For roots, I'm still a believer in using a cable. The RR is used in 4" pipe and only after I've run the camera to make sure no separations in the joints. It will fit in 3" but it's too tight for my liking.

                              The hose reel from HF works good but one of the 1/2" x 3/8" bushings split on me and sprayed water everywhere for 10 minutes. Good thing it was outside. With 50' of 3/8" hose, it's pretty full. You won't fit much more on there.
                              Thank you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X