Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Random cutter idea #1

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

the way to do it is as bhd said. forward it would thread open and reverse it would thread closed. a pretty simple design.
    Does no one read my posts?

Comment

What's wrong with a leader kinked so the cutter whips? Works for me, and seems a whole lot easier, cheaper, and idiot proof.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
        No, we do read your posts! My only problem with a screw type opener/closer would be the worry of getting dirt in the mechanism and having a 6 inch cutter that needs to be pulled back through a 4 line. It would be possible however if the screw assembly was completely encloses so that it would not be possible for ANY dirt to get in and keep it moving freely.

Another problem with a threaded opener would be that it might get jammed if you apply too much torque to the cable. A pin type end might solve that problem though but I would be a little worried about getting it stuck open.
        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

spot on ace. also what happens when bear trap grabs something by the *** and cannot get out. or when auger threads open and refuses to thread close. do i see a backhoe involved? yes i read your post dan. i have been using aces secret weapon for awhile. breid...............

Comment

AAHHHH, apparently nobody reads my posts either!

That's what I was trying to say - threads can always get stuck open/closed.
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Were you saying something?
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

So does anyone here know any CAD? We need to draw up some ideas and prototype our "operator controlled expanding cutter" or OCE cutter for short.
                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

id. i read your posts. but apparently some people don't. but then again maybe they do. designing this should not be to hard. finding anyone other than plumbing rick to buy it might be a problem. breid..................

Comment

Well, if Rick likes it, I'm sure he'll talk about it enough to where others buy it too He already convinced God knows how many people to buy a K60 and half those people probably don't even do drain cleaning
                    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                      Well, if Rick likes it, I'm sure he'll talk about it enough to where others buy it too He already convinced God knows how many people to buy a K60 and half those people probably don't even do drain cleaning
                      praise the loard
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I did Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                          So does anyone here know any CAD? We need to draw up some ideas and prototype our "operator controlled expanding cutter" or OCE cutter for short.
                          We....
                          I ain't doin' ****

How much are you willing to pay WE?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            We....
                            I ain't doin' ****

How much are you willing to pay WE?
                            Good point, you aren't doing anything, so when Ridgid starts producing these and gives us all free cutters for coming up with the idea, WE will let them know YOU weren't part of US.
                            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

So how about something like this?

Of course, you'll have to excuse my crude animation, I'm just a plumber

And there will have to be a spring loaded hinge at the black of the cutter blades, that's up to the pros to figure out.

Any opinions?
                              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

aram, excellent video adaptation i think you missed your calling

basically it's a positive locking expanding cutter.

truthfully the already existing 4'' x 6'' expanding cutter only needs a stronger spring and it will be perfect.

there are times we run in reverse and that will cause the cutter to retract with your design. and forward will cause it to expand. unless you have some spring to absorb the minor offsets, you'll be fighting a cutter that is caught on fittings and offsets.

i have a few expanding cutters and all i need are stiffer springs

have you tried the ridgid expanding cutters yet?

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X