X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter Training

We put together some quick video training modules. I must warn you they may put you to sleep but it saves me going over the same thing every time we sell a jetter. I believe any training brings direct benefits to your business and can be calculated as a return on investment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcSpoAKW-7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9hWg1daaUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtRlPKUSnhc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv3Oj16NGFs
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bill2601; 11-05-2010, 03:11 PM.
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Re: Jetter Training

Great Vids, thank you for sharing. Very informative for when my Jetter I got on special finally gets here.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Awesome videos. I see you use a regular quick connect at the end of your hose on the reel on the jetter. Do you ever use that hose for jetting or do you always use the mini reel. I do have to say i am almost sold on just jetting and your videos are pushing me in that direction. Again awesome videos.

Comment

Awesome videos. I see you use a regular quick connect at the end of your hose on the reel on the jetter. Do you ever use that hose for jetting or do you always use the mini reel. I do have to say i am almost sold on just jetting and your videos are pushing me in that direction. Again awesome videos.

Comment

bill, excellent videos. best 30 minutes i've spent in my inner office in a long time.

now that you've got the australian version in the can how about me making the american version i promise i won't drink the sludge shake

all i need are the machines sent over, i'll use my hd camera and go on location in beverly hills

you got my address

once again, great job bill

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

We are taking the camera in the field soon! That will be more interesting especially if I can show you a 1st year apprentice accidentally being covered in sewer.

I am training a group of 60 Jetter operators in a couple of weeks so I have been brushing up on my training skills and preparing a DVD I can leave with them for future trainees.
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by batson View Post
              We can use the larger feed hose anytime we need more pressure and flow. Pro's use 2 mini reels, one with 3/16" and one with 1/4".
              Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW..... Not a regular quick release but a special shortened patented double o'ring silt proof 8 ball quick release coupler with Tripple Grip. Optional hardened stainless outer sheath available on request! Here is a picture of the old shortened coupler. New one has triple grip.
                The fact that this is short means you can get around more bends than the standard long version. It is about 1/2" shorter.

Attached Files
                Last edited by bill2601; 11-06-2010, 04:22 PM.
                Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Very informative. Thanks.

Question:

Why would one choose a RR over a Warthog if jetter size & volume are not a factor in the decision?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

The Warthog is a great nozzle; controlled rotation is where it comes into its own using a viscous liquid. We only have one for our best plumber but we don't give it to the rest of our plumbers for fear of them losing it on a job, generally owner operators buy them.

We do have one each for our 2 large trainer jetters along with a couple of 1/2" Root Rangers. The Warthog is great from a user point because it is easier to use than the Root Ranger.

Points to consider.....
                    • Root Ranger is a fraction of the price of the Warthog.
                    • The Warthog will need constant maintenance.
                    • The Warthog will wear out well before the Root Ranger.
                    • The Root Ranger will clear a drain more thoroughly but will require more skill and technique to operate.
                    • The Root Ranger rotates internally with only one moving part
                    • Both have front offset jets

We have a version coming soon that used a non viscous liquid to control the rotation so not to come up against the Warthog patent.
                    Attached Files
                    Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

i can tell you from personal hands on use and photos/ videos. the root ranger will eat the warthog for lunch

i have a small fortune tied up in 3 -1/2'' warthogs and a 3/8'' warthog.

i have a couple 1/4'' rootrangers and a 1/2'' rootranger. they're jetted for my portable cart and my trailer jetter.

the 1/4'' rootranger does make it through 3'' pipe and as long as it's not a complete root stoppage, the front head will pierce the roots and the rear turbine will destroy the roots. now it does take practice to learn the technique and listen for the sounds of cutting. but once you know how to rotate the nozzle via the hose, there is no comparison between a rootranger and warthog.

rick.

1'' wooden dowel in a 6'' pvc pipe mock up.

1/2'' rootrangerer stream. 11gpm @ 2500#

gone in 3 seconds. 1/2'' rootranger.

1/4'' rootranger 3500# at 5.6 gpm.

4'' no hub on planter drains with roots that have grown in over a 28 year period.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-07-2010, 12:36 AM.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, not wanting to sound smart or other but it comes down to personal choice and the situation on the day. Lets face it, when one wont work yo keep trying till you get one that does. We all know there aree basic guidelines which Bill has demonstrated very well but we are all open to other ideas.
                        Question for you Bill, I know what the coloured section on the hose is for, but what is it???? Am I wrong in suspecting electrical shrink????
                        Look forward to your Christmas specials coming out soon, I have to restock. Oh, BTW Bill, thanks for your support in the industry, pity everyone doesnt put something back instead of continually pulling out the cash.

Comment

i just color coded 400' of 3/8'' jetter hose yesterday. i use color electrical tape every 10'. red, 10. white 20, blue 30. yellow 40, green 50. then repeats with a green red at 100 and a green white at 200, green blue at 300 and green yellow at 400.

i tried shrink tubing, but it's very time consuming sliding the tubing onto the hose. electrical tape wears pretty good and is simple to repair.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Simply using electrical tape at 600mm or 2' covers it enough for the new operators. Shrink wrap slides off. Even road marking paint lasts a long time.

Rick has a good idea with Colour coding the hose intervals!

We brand our own hose and if I can remember correctly every time you see the word 'Bluflex' it is at a 1m mark so you count them to record the metres down the drain.
                            Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X