X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping Secrets?

You fellas' got any "jumping secrets" for a transition like this. Had a whole place backed up and this is the bottom of the 3" vent I have for access. Wanted to whoop an auger in there but kept catching and/or wouldn't jump the turn.

Thanks.

J.C.
    Attached Files

Re: Jumping Secrets?

Did you try reverse?
    did you try a smaller/larger cutter?
    How about a single blade? Maybe a limber trap leader?
    Next size down cable?
    You could run a cable with no cutter to poke a hole and after it drains install a cleanout for better access

Comment

P-trap cutter?
      jetter kinetic ram to get is flowing ?
      Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
      1-920-284-7471

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like I need some more goodies. Just have a sectional machine with some standard heads. The small auger that's basically a short section of 7/8" sectional would just bounce at the lip of the pipe or at the bottom. And for whatever reason, the naked cable did the same thing. In forward and reverse. Did get the C-cutter through and the line cleared.

I would have liked to have more evidence on the auger though. Some in the cable. Paper products. Wipes etc.

Thanks again.

J.C.

Comment

I have an auger with a bend in it to help it negotiate the tight turns. I also have one of my cables with a bend right where the cutter attachs.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            I have an auger with a bend in it to help it negotiate the tight turns. I also have one of my cables with a bend right where the cutter attachs.
            Do you put your auger in a vise and bend it? Heat it?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I don't have the extensive amount of cutters that some here do, but going in reverse normally works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                I don't have the extensive amount of cutters that some here do, but going in reverse normally works for me.
                Me too. Makes that front end jump through the turn. That's a conduit 90 though. I haven't ran into one of those before. Makes the sectional pull and push like he!! at times.

J.C.

Comment

I just grab it in two fists and bend. It just needs a couple degree bend to it so its not hitting the fittings square on.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I just grab it in two fists and bend. It just needs a couple degree bend to it so its not hitting the fittings square on.
                    If you are lesser man like myself I use 2 long 1" nipples over the pipe as leverage to help bend it. They also work well to remove some slight kinks in the cable.

Comment

I use my teeth so I don't get my hands all dirty
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I make a loop in the cable and rotate the loop and let it go in one motion to get a good jump as a first try then I will reverse and try the same thing... Then go to a drop head auger and try the same thing... If I think I have a shot at not blowing anything apart (if the system is not rotten galv) I will pull out the WaterRam

Comment

When I posted that video of me breaking a cable with my truck I saved a piece of it. She sprung (?)sprang (?) pretty bad but I figured if I cut it to 1' long it would work pretty good in this type of situation.
                          Today would have been a perfect chance to try it but I totally forgot about it until reading this thread.

I tried every head that should have worked to avoid having to do it the hard way. In the end the hard way won. We got it done but what a PIA it was. I wish I would have thought to try that piece of cable
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Gene what was the hard way?

Comment

Sorry J.C .Had to do it.....I went on a call yesterday. Basement drain for a laundry tub. 1 1/2" DWV copper .k-60 5/8" cables. I have every head known to man. Not happening . The waste arm hit a 90 that turned right into a dwv t wye.. I tried different heads while the home owner was watching carefully. Don't worry I have all kinds of secret weapons.See that cable there..Out came the reverse auger. I got things flowing quick, fast, and in a hurry. Then I have a bulb auger that has a nice bend in it .Not sure how that happened. Ran that puppy . Then hooked up a hose to the laundry tray faucet and power flushed it. Hooked the drain back up and Woooshhhh! Coreolis in full effect..You could hear that drain sucking all the way upstairs. That cable is wort it's weight in gold. So is my 7/8"
                              Attached Files
                              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X