X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K50 Problems

Just got my K50 today and had a couple of questions regarding the cables....I have two that the lock pin is not springing back out of, have you dealt with these type of issues and what's a easy fix?Also the forward and reverse spin the same way on adapter or should forward spin clockwise and reverse i believe they should spin opposites? any help you guys can give is appreciated

Re: K50 Problems

If the cable is pretty beat up, you may just want to replace it. One of them you could make into Rick's reverse auger. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing Ridgid sells a repair coupling of some sort.
    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

The cables are in decent shape and i spoke with a rep at ridgid and he told me to order the male coupler for the c-9 cable and i would have to cut my cable and tack the new one on has any one ever done this? Is this safe to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard707 View Post
        The cables are in decent shape and i spoke with a rep at ridgid and he told me to order the male coupler for the c-9 cable and i would have to cut my cable and tack the new one on has any one ever done this? Is this safe to do?
        In my opinion ...no

The C-8 cables are not that expensive to risk a repair coupling coming off way down in someones drain.

Kroil the cable ends then wrap in a baggie overnight. Then excercise them. If that doesn't work, toss them

Comment

i've had a number of 5/8'' male coupling springs go bad. i think they are just too weak for the small size and are also exposed to the drain gunk. as bill mentioned, unless you know how to properly weld on the end, it's not really worth it to buy the couplings and take a chance.

the 7/8'' cables which i use a lot more and get heavy root usage, have only gone bad 2 times. those are easier to fix with the larger gage wire.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I actually work with some really good welders i may go ahead and order one and have them weld one on the cable and test it out....Thanks for all the input guys!

Comment

Working...
            X