Can the Water Ram be used-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Water Ram be used-

To clear an 1.5" galvz. laundry line,that is semi clogged? The trap is in a very tight,hard to access crawl space,and a cable down the standpipe just hangs in the plug recess.
    I could cut it out and replace,only my back is hurting,and I wish to have as little pain as possible today.

To any that answer,Thanks.

Re: Can the Water Ram be used-

Originally posted by red1234 View Post
    To clear an 1.5" galvz. laundry line,that is semi clogged? The trap is in a very tight,hard to access crawl space,and a cable down the standpipe just hangs in the plug recess.
    I could cut it out and replace,only my back is hurting,and I wish to have as little pain as possible today.

To any that answer,Thanks.

You say the line is semi clogged, using a Water Ram requires that there be no air gap between the Ram and line to be cleared. If this is the case make sure the line is stable enough to Ram and start at low PSI.

Comment

The key to use the water ram here is to fill the sink up and then let it drain, as it is draining you have your already charged water ram ready to go and set it on the drain ensuring you have a good seal and pull the trigger, before the water in the pipe drains completely away.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I got it unclogged early this morning.

Asstyme-you are right.

Sewerratz,You are right on the money.

Thank you both for the advice.

Comment

SewerRatz, due to your posts on the water ram,I finally broke down and purchased a used water ram while on vacation in VA last august.

It was listed in the classifieds for $80.00,and works great.

If I ever see that gentleman and his wife again,I am going to give them a small gift.

Thanks ,SewerRatz.

Comment

Originally posted by red1234 View Post
            SewerRatz, due to your posts on the water ram,I finally broke down and purchased a used water ram while on vacation in VA last august.

It was listed in the classifieds for $80.00,and works great.

If I ever see that gentleman and his wife again,I am going to give them a small gift.

Thanks ,SewerRatz.
            Glad to be of some help. I hope them posts I made in the past at least gave you an idea of how to use the water ram in a safe and non-messy way.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

They did.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                Glad to be of some help. I hope them posts I made in the past at least gave you an idea of how to use the water ram in a safe and non-messy way.
                Ahhhh. I can still recall the smell of urine on my clothes after I went a little overboard on a urinal once with my water ram. It now sits on a shelf.

Although... I do pull it out every once in a while when the situation deems so.

That Ro-Pump! That's the bomb!
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                X