Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???A question for blockage experts??

???A question for blockage experts??
    We are a plumbing merchant in Australia.
    Plumbers Choice
    We have been selling Ridgid plumbing equipment for some time now. The K1500B is the dominant machine here in Australia
    I understand that in other countries this is not the case.

My question for our experts is this.

If I were to put a second Ridgid machine in to stock,
    (that is, not a K1500B), which machine should I stock ???

It is almost no good asking a local plumber, they all love the K1500B.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards Plumbers Choice

www.plumberschoice.com.au

Re: ???A question for blockage experts??

Rick you out there ? Any suggestions?
    Attached Files
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

K-7500 as it`s fast and has power to get the job done. less work too

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-17-2010, 08:30 PM.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I have been doing some reading on the ridgid forum.
        It seems this type of question gets asked regularly.
        Maybe the answer is that I should look at a drum machine as the second machine to stock?
        Then I will have a sectional machine (the K1500b) and a good Ridgid drum machine?

So which is the best drum type machine and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbers Choice View Post
          I have been doing some reading on the ridgid forum.
          It seems this type of question gets asked regularly.
          Maybe the answer is that I should look at a drum machine as the second machine to stock?
          Then I will have a sectional machine (the K1500b) and a good Ridgid drum machine?

So which is the best drum type machine and why?
          Ridgid has done a good job with their K-7500. Personally I like the Spartan 1065 but many will tell you its heavy and bulky for an upright drum machine compared to the Ridgid. Both are great machines and its more of a preference of the user.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

G'day Plumbers Choice I buy gear off you and in fact not long ago bought my K50 from you just on tax time. Love it but I dont think we use them a lot or near as much as the k1500 gets used.
            I think the K60 would be my choice and if I didn't have the k1500 I would buy a K60 right away. I may still buy one so if you can get a good price let me know or get Mark Searle to call me as he has been looking after me.

On the drum thing I onlyl know of about 2 plumbers who own them and I really think plumbers are stubborn and will always go with the k1500 or lately upgrade to jetters as they are getting so popular.

Maybe get agreat deal out on one of the Ridgid cameras.

I will def get a new microdrain or which ever is the one which will go around a toilet trap so look into that pricing too.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

to be 100% sure of the machine, i would have to see what your access is like and what the typical stoppages are.

the only way i can accomplish this is to visit and bring along my k-60 as my carry on baggage.

if you're use to running a k-1500, the k-60 will be a dream machine. 1/3 the weight and size. this machine has been my go to machine for the last 4 years

i can make you a great deal on 10 drum machines. from ridgid, general and spartan since i have very little use for them now

getting close to summer there and winter here.

i'm a plane away

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the replies.
                Rick as a plumber you are more than welcome to come to our
                Trade Only store in Melbourne Victoria. I will buy you to lunch if you ever make it here.
                There is a Google map on our website if you need directions.

Thanks again for your information.

One more question, if the K-60 is a 1/3 the weight of the K1500 B, is it less powerfull and less robust?

The blockages here are predominantly tree roots.

Comment

the k-60 is a 1/2 horse power. i use mine to cut roots 90% of the time in sewers 4'' and smaller. pull up my photos and you'll be impressed with the k-60.

it does 6'' also, but typically we only have 4'' c/o and i'll run a spiral sawtooth cutter with innercore cable in the first 15' section.

if i know it's going to be a miserable 6'' root stoppage, i'll run my 1.25'' cable and timberwolf right angle drill with 10' sections.

of course there's always the jetter i have 2 jetting jobs today and will be towing my usj4018 to both of them today they're area drains at a condo complex and the jetter washes out the dirt, roots and muck. the other one is downspout drains to the curb that's plugged. from the curb, i can jet back upstream and suck everything out.

rick.

lunch with chocolate milkshakes sounds good
                  phoebe it is

Comment

If I understand, you are a supply store, and wondering what machines to stock, no?

Bear in mind that while each of us is pretty sure he knows exactly what machine is best, we know that mostly for ourselves. Types of blockages and consturction methods vary from place to place, and people are different in size, strength, what causes them pain, and preferences in how they work as well. While we can recommend what we like to use, we can't be sure that it will be best, or even appropriate for typical situations your customers encounter.

I think you know your clients better than we can. I'd hate to see you push any particular machine as an alternative to the tried and true and find yourself with egg on your face if people don't like it. You might want to bring in a 60 or 750 just to be able to offer it. But I'd say if there are a million 1500's out there you'd do your customers better by concentrating on service for that machine; stocking cable and bits and spare parts and doing repairs quickly and well to keep their machines up and running.

If "It is almost no good asking a local plumber, they all love the K1500B," then my thought is go with that and be the best 1500 service shop in the country.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Hi "Ace Sewer"
                      Point taken, excellent advice I think.

We would like to run a service centre for sewer machines at our
                      Trade Only outlet in Melbourne Australia.

There is plenty of scope these days, in the business of servicing, jetters, sewer machines, drain cameras etc...
                      I think it would be a good add on service to our existing customers.
                      We do keep a good stock of K1500B parts

Does anyone have any advice on how to get started or more importantly who we should employ?

Maybe we could train someone up?

Thanks again to all those who have responded.

Rick there are some excellent cafes in the area, great coffee, food, and yes certainly chocolate milkshakes.

Regards
                      Plumbers Choice
                      Trade Only

Comment

Originally posted by epc View Post
                        G'day Plumbers Choice I buy gear off you and in fact not long ago bought my K50 from you just on tax time. Love it but I dont think we use them a lot or near as much as the k1500 gets used.
                        I think the K60 would be my choice and if I didn't have the k1500 I would buy a K60 right away. I may still buy one so if you can get a good price let me know or get Mark Searle to call me as he has been looking after me.

On the drum thing I onlyl know of about 2 plumbers who own them and I really think plumbers are stubborn and will always go with the k1500 or lately upgrade to jetters as they are getting so popular.

Maybe get agreat deal out on one of the Ridgid cameras.

I will def get a new microdrain or which ever is the one which will go around a toilet trap so look into that pricing too.

Cheers Phil.

Hi Phil,
                        This is a bit of a laugh, I get on a forum on the other side of the world, and end up chatting to a customer down the road.
                        I will get Mark (Slugger) Searle to give you a call. I am sure he would be happy to sell you a camera.
                        Next time you speak to Mark, tell him he has to give you a great deal on some 32mm Ridgid Sewer Cables.

A question for you, has Mark explained our Trade Only policy?

Thanks again for your contribution to the great sewer machine debate.

Cheers
                        Plumbers Choice
                        Melbourne
                        Australia

Comment

Working...
                        X