X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D'oh!! (while hand slaps forehead!)

Oh thats bad. same thing happens to us but it usually happens when a septic tank is in a place you would never expect. What a pain, I feel for you. It's horrible breaking your equipment and still having to clear the blockage.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
      The pressure was tremendous I'm sure. After all, something slows the drum down and it's not hopes and dreams. The problem is it pressure built up both in both directions. Since the 2001 has an electric brake when the power is removed the drum resists rotation. Thus it's hard to tell when there's no tension on the cable. I wanted no tension so I could try and pull by hand. Timing is everything though. After the cable snapped I knew the tension was relieved. I was fortunate to be able to pull the cable out by hand. I thought I was going to have to use a come along or such to try and get it out.
      I heard that with the 2001 if you want to let the cable release the torque, you put the Forward/Neutral/Reverse switch into Neutral and step on the foot switch and let the drum free spin till all the torque has released.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I heard that with the 2001 if you want to let the cable release the torque, you put the Forward/Neutral/Reverse switch into Neutral and step on the foot switch and let the drum free spin till all the torque has released.
        Ron, now THAT is something I ought to have known. (Leave it to me to not read the destructions.)

I'm thinking we should set a date for the pizza or it's never going to happen. I hope you have a place in mind as I'm clueless about pizza joints down in Chicago. (Other than Uno of course)
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          Ron, now THAT is something I ought to have known. (Leave it to me to not read the destructions.)

I'm thinking we should set a date for the pizza or it's never going to happen. I hope you have a place in mind as I'm clueless about pizza joints down in Chicago. (Other than Uno of course)
          It all depends on what type of pizza you are looking for. The best stuffed crust is Gino's over on Rush Street. If you like a yeast crust Riconemie's on 26th Street then.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

you know what they say....rotflmao
            Chit happens

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-22-2010, 03:49 PM.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              I haven't snapped a cable as of yet (knocking on wood) but am wondering. You say the cable "bound a little then snap", I would think you would have to torque the shitz out of a larger main line cable for it to snap ? Can you not tell/avoid when it's ready to break ? Operator error or something that's going to happen sooner or later ?
              man we are going back to 1998 when that happend I was only 1 week out of the 2 week training that I got from RR and sent on my way to rod sewers and that happend I dont remember the cable torquen that much and yes defenitly opp. error . that was also the last cable I ever broke never snaped 1 again now I have customers ask what I am doing as when I rod I close my eyes and listen so I pay att. to cable rod by feel of cable thats with the K-7500 the K-60 is a hole new ball of wax to me
              Last edited by post plumber; 11-23-2010, 11:34 PM.
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

also back then at RR we had the old sled rodders I think vikkings and they didnt bind down like K-7500 they were like the energizer bunny just kept going and going
                Last edited by post plumber; 11-23-2010, 11:47 PM.
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                X