X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warthog Rebuilds?

Nozzle is 18 months old. It gets used everyday. It my go tool. Im going to buy a new one. Does it pay to get the old one rebuilt? It been stuck more than once over night.

Re: Warthog Rebuilds?

Originally posted by DANE View Post
    Nozzle is 18 months old. It gets used everyday. It my go tool. Im going to buy a new one. Does it pay to get the old one rebuilt? It been stuck more than once over night.
    Definately worth the rebuild as they cost too much to throw away!

I replaced the viscus fluid recently and it slowed the rotation down a bit and I feel it works better so its worth buying the service kit.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

The 3/8" at least (the only size I have) is easily user rebuildable. I find the hp seal gives out most often. You can buy that and a brass seat cheap. The more extensive kit includes bearings, etc... Think it about $150. I oil mine at least weekly. Only reason to give up on them is when the body gets so worn down that the threads for the nozzle inserts in the sides start going away. Even then, just replace the body; still cheaper than a new nozzle and the new bodies come with carbide inserts.

So, yeah, scrap it. I'll give you $100 for it .
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

alex, do you think it's possible to install the carbide inserts into existing models.

my 3/8'' is wearing at the inserts and my 1/2'' nozzles are good. plus the carbide inserts might help cut the grit/ de-scale in the cast iron pipe.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

no idea... anything is possible, just some things are not cost effective. Call stone age and see what they have to say.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

New one is on the way. Toolman is going to do the rebuild on the old one.

Comment

Recently bought 2 rootax 3/8 nozzles from aime equipment and I am trialling them they are about $800 each so alot cheaper than warthogs.
              They have been working ok
              Will keep you informed
              Regards
              Greg

Comment

Greg a warthog is just over 600 buck in the US.

Comment

Hi Greg whats the difference with the Rootax nozzles?

If its the nozzle im thinking of they look just like a warthog.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
                    Greg a warthog is just over 600 buck in the US.
                    Dane here in australia I paid over A$1200.00 for my 3/8 warthog!!!!!!!!

I get the feeling we get shafted over here...............

Cheers Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by epc View Post
                      Dane here in australia I paid over A$1200.00 for my 3/8 warthog!!!!!!!!

I get the feeling we get shafted over here...............

Cheers Phil.
                      Depends. Does what you earn correlate? You may have to pay more but you may have an economic base that warrants it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Depends. Does what you earn correlate? You may have to pay more but you may have an economic base that warrants it.

J.C.
                        Im sure we don't make double what you guys in the US make to justify the price of the nozzle especially as our dollar has been comparable lately.

Cheers Phil.

Comment

Working...
                        X