X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hats off to drain cleaners

ok very very new to the drain cleaning world. have done a cpl small jobs here and there. Today i did a full blocked 3" in main for a friend. i own a k60 but have no cable for it yet, so he rented a drum from HD. I liked the drum and autfofeed features, was extremely heavy though. I dont know that i would prefer sectionals because i would slinging the crap all over the place (small 5 by 7) bathroom. So i think i may sell the k60. Any thoughts on a drum for 4" and smaller---i know some people will try to persuade me to keep the k60, but dont think its for me till i get quite a bit more drains under my belt. Anyway hats off to you big time drain cleaners, cause it sure kicked my ***.

Re: hats off to drain cleaners

I have the Spartan 300 with 107" of .55 magnum cable and love it. It has a small foot print and weighs in at 160lbs which is very light for a drum machine with over 100' of cable.

I have done 200+ main lines and it hasn't let me down yet.

Comment

Thanks. Lets be honest here. Their is no way you can clean a drain without getting someone elses poop on yourself. I wore a face shield one time and was shocked at how much "gray water" was on it.

The key to cleaning drains is just repeating Its just water....Its just water.... Its just water.

Wait till you start having weird skin issues. But hey, its good money and besides my immune system needs something to do.

My only advise to you is not to take a drain cleaning job after 4:00pm on a Friday. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
        Lets be honest here. Their is no way you can clean a drain without getting someone elses poop on yourself.

I don't know about that

Comment

slow down. you're giving reviews of drain cleaning equipment when you don't even have a cable for it. is anyone really going to believe your statement of slinging crap when you've never even used the machine

if i was slinging crap all over the place. do you really think i would be pushing the k-60 to everyone on the forum do you think i would have 7 drum machine sitting idle at the shop

i think if you buy some cable and get some time under your belt with the k-60, along with reading the tips and tricks for the k-60, you'll be more than impressed.

but then again with a few jobs under your belt, i guess you know good from bad

rick.

when you're ready to sell that k-60, there will be plenty of forum member waiting to take it off your hands for a good reason.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Soooo....how much you want for that K-60?
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

ahh Rick, c'mon... people here love the way you sling the $hit.

I'm sure your customers are no different; mesmerized by that charm

-------

I'm sure there is a place for your 60. Many love them. I'm not one of them. I run drums, gorlitz, duracable, etc. I've been looking for a used k-3800 for cheap for a while. Think that might just be the bomb for my particular bent and purposes, but I'm too cheap to buy a new one. So take what I have to say in stride; I have a k-60, but run drums (in all honesty I jet darn near everything and resort to antiquated cable tech only in extremis). Rick's got way more experience than me, was a drum guy, and will spend as much time as you give him room for telling you about why the k-60 is THE goto machine. there are more than a few factors in the decision, and a lot of them are subjective.

Regardless, it'll be pretty cheap (relatively speaking) to buy some cable for the 60. I'd suggest that, then buy a 3800. cutters will fit either if you put some thought into it. Rick/disciple or I will buy whichever machine you don't like .
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Im going to throw this out there and hopefully it wont open the can of worms about drum vs sectional I know its been discussed in several threads on several forums... so here is my opinion..... Both a drum (Regardless of what brand) and a sectional have a time and a place where one is better or easier to use than the other, one machine type is not better than the other, they both have a place in the tool box !

Comment

one word here................-> "K-7500" is what we use on 3" and 4" main lines
                  Ok I cant count....lol
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-22-2010, 01:49 AM.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

just look at my pic if you try the K-60 you just might like it I have both K-7500 and K-60 they both are but the K-60 dont break my back going up and down stairs and I can get the K-60 on roofs very easy like in my pic but if you have it that means you own it use it make $$$ and buy another thats the name of the game that way you have a back up The K-60 also is a small foot print in the van
                    Last edited by post plumber; 11-23-2010, 11:46 PM.
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                      just look at my pic if you try the K-60 you just might like it I have both K-7500 and K-60 they both are but the K-60 dont break my back going up and down stairs and I can get the K-60 on roofs very easy like in my pic but if you have it that means you own it use it make $$$ and buy another thats the name of the game that way you have a back up The K-60 also is a small foot print in the van

Are you also figuring in the storage space needed for the coiled sections of cable when you say the K-60 takes less space in the van ? I would think it would be about even ???

Be careful on that roof my friend as you could break your back (or worse) falling off !

Comment

Now come on Rick why do you need cables for a K-60 as they make a great paper weight.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                          Are you also figuring in the storage space needed for the coiled sections of cable when you say the K-60 takes less space in the van ? I would think it would be about even ???

Be careful on that roof my friend as you could break your back (or worse) falling off !
                          I use 2 S hucks off a bungee and they hang on my steal divider in the van yes the K-60 has smaller foot print then K-7500 I own both and they are both in my E350 at all times
                          Attached Files
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                          X