Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General maxi rooter and 4" abs , roof

Jerry mac told Me this trick. No clean out. 1 story flat roof. Used 4"
    abs with 45 fitting front of machine,another 45 up on the roof. Had helper run machine I handled 3/4" cable into 4" stack. Killed roots.
    Now I'm thinking of fabbing looong hose so I can operate up on roof
    alone. I'm guessing 2" would be better, but had 4" on truck. Crazy old KOOT ? You betcha ,as Sara P. says
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: General maxi rooter and 4" abs , roof

All Clear originally posted this picture,

it looks like with a set up like this one could run it from the ground,

a few more ideas on the links below.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...7516#post77516

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10387
    Last edited by BHD; 11-20-2010, 09:03 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

a k-60 is the call

you betcha

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
        a k-60 is the call

you betcha:d

rick.
        no more tools !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Love it! That's gotta be the most clever way of "working with what you've got" I've ever seen.

But a K-60 might have been easier
          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I just realized Rick has me preaching about a machine I don't even own. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

wow , that's amazing!

I can't believe I never thought of that while I pulled the tolet, did the job, set the toilet, drove to the next one, and did that while y'all ****ed around on that roof.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                wow , that's amazing!

I can't believe I never thought of that while I pulled the tolet, did the job, set the toilet, drove to the next one, and did that while y'all ****ed around on that roof.
                " To each His own "
                All clear is a very experienced Professional. He Has it down Pretty fast, if You care to read a little

Comment

That does look like a pretty good idea, but I think i would have been on the roof with a k 60 or with the snow/winter in the nice warm house and r/r the toilet !

Comment

Around here the K-60 is not a good option. Most our sewers are 6" within the first 3 to 5' in front of the house. The rest of the line can be anywhere from 60' to 125' long (longer if you go from the roof). The issue is not the machine but the cable size. For sectionals you would be better off using 1 ¼" cable or something stiffer like a drum machine ¾" cable.

Also going from the roof is not very safe, you have the hazard of falling (off the ladder or an inclined roof) This hazard gets worse in the winter months here. As the hazard that the roof it self is not safe. It could have hidden rot that you can fall through.

As for power rodding I will go from a clean out, if one can not be found then I will offer to pull the water closet to get them draining again and give them a bid to install a clan out.

Using the pipe as a guide is a great idea, I used it when I had to rod and jet these overhead sewers in a parking garage which the clean outs where 20' up.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

lol....wow

just got to thinking that with all the pro video equipment I have for storm chasing maybe I should do a video of a K-7500 roof job from start to finish. Now keep in mind I do own a Nice New Looking K-60 but we use it as a jack stand when we are working on the Van...lol
                      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-22-2010, 02:09 AM.
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        lol....wow

just got to thinking that with all the pro video equipment I have for storm chasing maybe I should do a video of a K-7500 roof job from start to finish. Now keep in mind I do own a Nice New Looking K-60 but we use it as a jack stand when we are working on the Van...lol
                        that will be a HUGE hit here and you tube .

CLEVER RULES WITH ALL !!

Comment

Dont forget the "Under The Trailer House While Setting on my Bucket" trick

Comment

Then theres always the C/O off the floor trick

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-22-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

How about down the open hole while setting on a bucket?

Comment

Working...
                              X