Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sink/Tub Machines

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    How many feet of 5/8" cable does the drum hold ?
    75' I keep 50' in the drum and a spare 50' in a rand, and I have ran the whole 100' out. What is nice to is if you kink a cable or such its only a 5' section you have to remove.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

opps double post
      Last edited by handybull; 11-27-2010, 12:11 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        Trust me when I say this... "SAVE YOUR MONEY"
        What is it you do not like about it?

Comment

tubs/showers = go15

sinks = electric jetter, sometimes also the go15 on vanities if I think there is a bunch of hair in there with the scum.

I like the go15. I really like having both hands free. I've really felt out of control by comparison when running the drill machines, especially as I tend not to use auto-feeds; they are too slow between difficult spots and rob me of feel at the difficult spots.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post

I have never seen or used one but when I was searching for a sink machine I only heard bad things about it

What is it that you like about the K-40 that other machines are lacking ? I would think a K-39AF would be more versatile than this machine in many ways ???

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              I have never seen or used one but when I was searching for a sink machine I only heard bad things about it

What is it that you like about the K-40 that other machines are lacking ? I would think a K-39AF would be more versatile than this machine in many ways ???
              I am getting to old to hold a pistol rod. I like the concept of having a pistol rod drum mounted to a frame that can sit there with no lever to push down to spin the cable (K-50 with drum). I have used the old Spartan Model 81 and it was ok. But the newer machines like Ridgid's K-40, Eel's Model CT, or the Spartan's Model 502.

I am still pi$$ed at Spartan for never helping me with the over $800 sale they made at the trade show and charged my credit card at the trade show, but I never got the products. I talked to the local Rep for my area, he said Fed Ex delivered to our office address, I asked him who signed for it, he hung up on me and to this day I never got the products ordered or a refund. So I refuse to supper Spartan with any new purchases. I will keep my 20+ year old equipment up and running and I will buy new equipment from any one but Spartan.

Comment

I recall some tried the 1st generation K40 with the 1st generation AutoFeed and not liking it. Seems like they (Rick?) thought the 2nd generation AutoFeed (double paddle) would work much better.

I think I like the Eel's variable speed.

The General also has variable speed with the pressure you put on the foot bulb. How long is that gonna' last though? And it seems large for some of the areas I get into.

The Eel, Ridgid, Spartan, Gorlitz all look so similar & would seem to operate the same.

If the K40 is ok, I REALLY like the battery operation.

J.C.

Comment

I am getting to old to hold a pistol rod. I like the concept of having a pistol rod drum mounted to a frame that can sit there with no lever to push down to spin the cable (K-50 with drum). I have used the old Spartan Model 81 and it was ok. But the newer machines like Ridgid's K-40, Eel's Model CT, or the Spartan's Model 502.

I am still pi$$ed at Spartan for never helping me with the over $800 sale they made at the trade show and charged my credit card at the trade show, but I never got the products. I talked to the local Rep for my area, he said Fed Ex delivered to our office address, I asked him who signed for it, he hung up on me and to this day I never got the products ordered or a refund. So I refuse to supper Spartan with any new purchases. I will keep my 20+ year old equipment up and running and I will buy new equipment from any one but Spartan.
                  I'm no tough guy, but I think I would be at his house that night.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    I'm no tough guy, but I think I would be at his house that night.

J.C.
                    When he notices me at the trade shows he either turns the other way or gets in with a big crowd.

And as for the K-40 with the battery AJ Coleman has a few last time I checked.

Comment

Almost forgot about Mytana's version.

http://www.mytana.com/products/cart....c=3&c=3&p=235#

J.C.

Comment

Never had a mytana. go15 (and k-40) is cheaper than that little one, and I've got years and years on two go15's with zero repair except for new cables.

Mytana 'quiet ride' sure looks a lot like a go68
                        Last edited by Ace Sewer; 11-27-2010, 02:32 AM.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Seems too large to get through traps & strainers. No?

Thanks.

J.C.

5/8" Eel cable has No problems at all with 2" traps, tubs or washers ... strainers i would find a different rout ... A vent being my first choice

Comment

I bought one and used it one time and returned it. You see we cant get Ridgid Demos here for some reason so you have to buy what ever you want to demo. Well it`s not even a machine that a HO could even use. The thing has no power and the cable is crap. You are better off using a K-50 with a drum on it.
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

THIS IS WHAT THE INSIDE OF THE BATTERY POWERED K-40 LOOKS LIKE

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

JERRYMAC
                              E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                              CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                              FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                              SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

JC'S PLUMBING YOU ALSO MISSED THE TROJAN
                                http://www.trojanworldwide.com/DT18B%20Pic.jpg

COMES WITH A STAND THAT IS EXTRA MONEY
                                [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DavidB/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DavidB/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
                                Last edited by JERRYMAC; 11-29-2010, 03:51 PM.
                                JERRYMAC
                                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                                X