X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I worth it?

How would you like it if you took something to a mechanic and he says it's the fuel injectors, replaces them, it doesn't correct the problem, and charges you for it?

Wait....that's what they all do!

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 11-29-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      How would you like it if you took something to a mechanic and he says it's the fuel injectors, replaces them, it doesn't correct the problem, and charges you for it?

J.C.
      LOL!!!!

I can't wait until the next job I have at a garage. Even if its a main line, I'm going to start "the process of elimination" by snaking all the sinks.
      Then charge them $75 to hook the drains up to my diagnostics computer
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

J.C.
        i took my ford pickup to the Chevy dealer i got it from because i was having a problem with it ,it was a coil on top of the spark plug that went bad . the computer said what cylinder it was so they put a new one on .
        well on the way home it was doing the same thing so i took it back ,after doing this one more time the figured out what was going on .they were numbering the cylinders as a chevy and not a ford so i asked if they kept using the same new coil each time the tried a different cylinder and they said no a new one each time
        thats what i wanted to hear . they only charged me for one and only labor for one . they also gave me a free oil change for my trouble

why am i saying all of this .

i am because they had to do what they did to keep me happy as a customer and it worked . i just bought my 5th car from them
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          i took my ford pickup to the Chevy dealer i got it from because i was having a problem with it ,it was a coil on top of the spark plug that went bad . the computer said what cylinder it was so they put a new one on .
          well on the way home it was doing the same thing so i took it back ,after doing this one more time the figured out what was going on .they were numbering the cylinders as a chevy and not a ford so i asked if they kept using the same new coil each time the tried a different cylinder and they said no a new one each time
          thats what i wanted to hear . they only charged me for one and only labor for one . they also gave me a free oil change for my trouble

why am i saying all of this .

i am because they had to do what they did to keep me happy as a customer and it worked . i just bought my 5th car from them
          Good service. Many dealer/mechanics do not do that.

Anybody bringing me a toilet 3 separate times for repair gets the same type service from me.

J.C.

Comment

This is why I sold my ford. Bad customer service and a salesman that was an alcoholic, could smell it on his breath. But my last ford was plagued with problems.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

J.C.
              There's more than one doctor who works this way too. Remember, they have a practice, not a profession, they're always learning from their mistakes.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                This is why I sold my ford. Bad customer service and a salesman that was an alcoholic, could smell it on his breath. But my last ford was plagued with problems.
                im not a chevy man ,in not a ram man or a ford man .i get a truck because i like it and never had big problems with any of my trucks
                the problem i had was a chevy shop working on a ford
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

With experience you are not stumped but sometimes out gunned.
                  Jetter Vs cable

Paper plug Vs roots.

Small line with a sand stoppage.

Scale in cast

Urinal line when you have a hang over

Monday I broke off 2 cables in a bathtub line
                  that picked up 2 units in an apt bldg.

Yuk.
                  I had a 1.5" bath tub line that was filled with scale,sand,hair,(I was to find out) in the 2nd floor unit.
                  (AhhhhhhhhhHHHHhhhhHHHHhhhhHHHhhhh!)
                  broke a 1/4 cable off getting lodged in the sand and scale,
                  cut into the 3/8 and broke off the bulb head. Monday ,right?
                  Decided I could cut everything off in the unit below ,there I found a
                  c/o.Opened it and it was dry!Sticking out was my cable,blades in a pile of hair and sand!!!!!
                  All that was left was a trip to Mytana to fix my 3/8" cable.
                  Last edited by Jay Mpls; 11-30-2010, 08:25 PM. Reason: oh ,then.

Comment

I dont guarantee ANYTHING! You never know what to expect with sewers...and how do you know you are not the first guy that has been out there to the call?

I have been the second or third guy to find out the line is bad, only to tell them what a remedy is, then they refuse to pay! But they do not mention this to me.

You are dealing with sewerage, crap, hazards, and your time. It IS worth money.

Comment

I have told a few repeat customers . If I can't get it you don't have to pay . BUT if I get it you're gonna pay ..They always end up paying ..
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

still waiting on the type of drain ?
                        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                        1-920-284-7471

Comment

my quess you will be waiting a long time. a long week and he ain't been back. i kinda wondered when he didn't charge them. or i took it that he didn't. how bout hes a pluger not a plumber? ratzs dad and i went to different schools together. i ain't leaving until drain is open or i get paid. breid...........

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Plumber View Post
                            I told the customer I get paid for my time. It was a Saturday. I didn't charge a higher rate. I used my Rigid 400 1/2" @75' and a General with 5/8" @100' both twice full length and no progress. He didn't want to pay me to try again. The next day he hired a company who cleared the line with a 1/2" cable@75' on the first shot.
                            Sounds like a sludge blockage???? if so, then refund their money as you should have been able to clear the line with an auger bit and a few passes.
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I charge to work not to unstop.

I get 98% of lines open. If I can't get a line open it's not because I don't have the best tools (I do) or because I don't know what I'm doing (I do). It's because the pipe needs to be replaced.

Edit: If you don't have the proper size cables, cable attachments, water jet, or knowledge to get the job done properly then I would not charge.
                              Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 12-08-2010, 04:50 PM. Reason: Added Thoughts

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

The doctor charges you when you go to him - whether or not the medicine he gives you works....

There are very rare situations where I wouldn't charge, but if you go out there, do the work then you deserve to be paid. Maybe you could give the customer a discounted rate but you shouldn't have to walk away empty handed.
                                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                                X