Am I worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I worth it?

I've wrestled with this myself(and maybe others here to). On the one hand, you've invested your time and maybe even some hard work in an attempt to fix a problem. If you don't fix it, or, as Ratz pointed out, gave a valid reason for not being able to(collapsed pipe, etc.) then even if you can squeeze money out of that customer, you'll never hear from them again. You'll lose a customer and that person will have nothing good to say about you. Charge $700 and fix a problem, OK. Charge $150 and they still can't use their plumbing = resentment and negative feelings. The fact that another company cleared the line quickly sort of seals the deal. 2/3 of this is having the right equipment(not cheap), the other 1/3 is knowing how to use it. Boss at a large name company forced me to charge a woman for a drain I failed to clear. Needed to be cabled or jetted down from a rooftop; didn't have the machine(K-60) and wasn't supposed to be on roofs per company policy. I'll never forget how bad I felt because this wasn't an extreme(broken, collapsed) situation, and the next cleaner got it for sure. I'll happily eat a service charge if I think I could possibly hear from that customer again or get positive referrals.

Comment

Re: Am I worth it?

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
      im not sure how long you have been doing this work but if i ran into a problem where i could not fix something i would not walk away .i would ask some other people to help even if i had to pay for there time . this way i would not loose a customer and they might tell friends that you hung in there to finish the job

some times you have to loose a little and you will get back 2 times as much with the next call from them
      Absolutely, I have helped friends out a few times and I have called in for help as well. It's called networking.. They get to the site and are having issues and don't want to walk away empty handed. Give me a call. We work together to fix the issue .He collects from the homeowner, I collect from him , everyones happy
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X