X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microReel...

I'm going to purchase a camera soon and this model is on my small list of choices. It will mostly be used on 4" cast iron lines 75' to 100' in length.

Are it's lights bright enough for dark 4" cast iron lines ? Is the cable stiff enough to consistently go out 100' in a 4" line ?

How far will it climb vertically ?

Any other positives & negatives are welcome

Re: microReel...

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    I'm going to purchase a camera soon and this model is on my small list of choices. It will mostly be used on 4" cast iron lines 75' to 100' in length.

Are it's lights bright enough for dark 4" cast iron lines ?
    Yes if you have it full on. Burns the battery pretty quick if using the Explorer. Best results wising the large guide balls.

Is the cable stiff enough to consistently go out 100' in a 4" line ?
    Much harder to push that distance if starting out through a 4" cleanout. Easier to push long distances when starting in 1-1/2" or 2". Depends on offsets also.

Never tried but strongly recommend not attempting that.

Mine has been reterminated twice already. Once was my fault not paying attention. It doubled back on me in a 4" sanitary tee and I kept pushing not watching the monitor. Cable was going in but camera wasn't moving.

The other time I was pushing it back in the reel. The last few feet got tight then it kinked. I believe they have corrected this issue by adding ball bearings to the reel.

Comment

Are it's lights bright enough for dark 4" cast iron lines ? Is the cable stiff enough to consistently go out 100' in a 4" line ?

I got the micro real in 09/13/2010 and have had no problems 100' with counter and soand love it in 4" cast its not bad to veiw to push out 100' well depends on how meny bends there are I have been able to go 100' but in lines with alot of bends not so good as the cable is a little more flexable and as for it climbing vertically ??? never tried sorry
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

difficult answer. i love the microreel. but i also love the seesnake mini 200' color.

the mini takes up no floor space compared to the mini. but the mine has a stronger transmitter and stiffer push rod. along with an extra 100' of cable.

my first camera was the b&w 246' seesnake 75 meters.

of course after that was the b&w mini. since then i've upgraded multiple times. so now i have 6 cameras in the truck and another 6 at the shop

the mini and the microreel get the most use with the mini a little more.

but the majority of my work is 3-6'' mains.

buy what you can afford and remember that this is only the beginning. you still need the locator and the monitor / power pack. or lt1000 and computer. or the dvdpak or the cs1000 lots of choices. lots of money and lots of work

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick of the 6 you have in the shop ho much would you sell the cheapest one for

just wondering
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            difficult answer. i love the microreel. but i also love the seesnake mini 200' color.

the mini takes up no floor space compared to the mini. but the mine has a stronger transmitter and stiffer push rod. along with an extra 100' of cable.

my first camera was the b&w 246' seesnake 75 meters.

of course after that was the b&w mini. since then i've upgraded multiple times. so now i have 6 cameras in the truck and another 6 at the shop

the mini and the microreel get the most use with the mini a little more.

but the majority of my work is 3-6'' mains.

buy what you can afford and remember that this is only the beginning. you still need the locator and the monitor / power pack. or lt1000 and computer. or the dvdpak or the cs1000 lots of choices. lots of money and lots of work

rick.

In your opinion is the microReel's lights bright enough in 4" cast pipes ?

Comment

In your opinion is the microReel's lights bright enough in 4" cast pipes ?
              yes as light is reflected off all the imperfections. with 4'' black abs pipe, even my larger cameras have a hard time in clean black pipe.

remember that the transmitter in the microreel is not as strong as the seesnake mini. so far i haven't an issue, but cast is more dense than plastic.

what's the smallest pipe you will work on? is floor space an issue? is $2k more a deal breaker?

eventually you will own both or more.

for me with my job situations, the mini would be my first choice. for you who knows?

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                Rick of the 6 you have in the shop ho much would you sell the cheapest one for

just wondering
                call me

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X