Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Drain Part 2

Ok The rest of the story!
    A special thanks to Rick! He helped be use the tools I already had on hand. And thanks to everyone also.
    So I ended up using my little spartan 100 to go out to the manhole, then I taped my 3/8 Warthog with 3/8 line to it. Then pulled the jetter nozzle back in to the side sewer line. I already knew where the trouble spot was 25' back from the manhole so I put tape on that marked spot on my hose and pulled it back in towards the house. Fired up the jetter (just one motor) and let it rip! About 5 min. later a major gush of water came blasting by! Now it was camera time! It was a bad line because of about 20 offset joints and a belly. But right now they are using the line and budgeting to replace the line at a later time. So it all worked out for the customer.
    Attached Files
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Weird Drain Part 2

good job at getting the drain open
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
      good job at getting the drain open
      Surprised to see a man hole in a driveway, We don't have that here.
      Great fix, Rick is valuable to all ! I'll be over to change out that Mission coupling to a proflex shielded Mon.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Re: Weird Drain Part 2 BRICK LINED MANHOLE SEWER !!

Am I the only one that appreciates this labor? I look at the the simple beauty in the brick work, and wonder! Was it an Italian, Swede,
        Irish immigrant ? Was the average one a day for Mason and helper?
        Hand dug ,I imagine , no breaks ! We all came from great people!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Great fix, Rick is valuable to all ! I'll be over to change out that Mission coupling to a proflex shielded Mon.
          The manhole is actually in a weird little alley that cuts the block in half most people don't even know it's there.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Congratulations Cuda.
            Had to have been an awesome feeling seeing that line open up.
            You're the hero in that house AND to their friends.

Comment

well done.

Nothing like jetting up from below the problem; makes it so smooth.

The art in drain cleaning is all about the access.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I like the saftey fencing around your job! Nice touch and a help to CYA.
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  Ok The rest of the story!
                  A special thanks to Rick! He helped be use the tools I already had on hand. And thanks to everyone also.
                  So I ended up using my little spartan 100 to go out to the manhole, then I taped my 3/8 Warthog with 3/8 line to it. Then pulled the jetter nozzle back in to the side sewer line. I already knew where the trouble spot was 25' back from the manhole so I put tape on that marked spot on my hose and pulled it back in towards the house. Fired up the jetter (just one motor) and let it rip! About 5 min. later a major gush of water came blasting by! Now it was camera time! It was a bad line because of about 20 offset joints and a belly. But right now they are using the line and budgeting to replace the line at a later time. So it all worked out for the customer.

20 offsets and a manhole in the driveway? It just shows to go ya. You never know. Way to stick with it.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post

Tool: Did you by chance mean change out the Proflex to a Mission?
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                    X