Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 inch Kitchen sink line - Time for a jetter?

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
    As mentioned here before ,fill the sink to the top. 8.3 pounds per gallon times 10 feet of head pressure are your good friend.

Wouldn't you get more force by blasting it with a water ram ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      Wouldn't you get more force by blasting it with a water ram ?
      If...
      He has access to a c/o or
      He can make the sani- tee bend from under the sink...
      If those options are there, a straight blow bag would be quick fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
        If...
        He has access to a c/o or
        He can make the sani- tee bend from under the sink...
        If those options are there, a straight blow bag would be quick fix.
        Unless pipe is rotted has cracks leaking into the ground and the dirt is saturated with muck. My guess the pipe is back pitched or sagged and there's not enough head pressure to push the clog out.
        If your machine has a power feeder? Snake all the way in with blade. Jam in your flush bag use a shop vac to catch drippings and use power feeder to pull the cable back in while flush bag keeps pressure on the clog. This has worked in the past as long as your flush bag is canvas?
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Y'all just keep refining your cable techniques. Let me know when you get it down. I'm gonna go jet some sinks while I wait to hear from you.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Thanks to all the replies/

Sunday morning, started with the mini-rooter again. (1/2 X 50 feet)

1st attempt with u-cutter, still no go

2nd attempt with 3 edge cutter, still no go

3rd attempt, blow bag (Drain Bladder), still no go.

4rth attempt, Speedrooter (3/4 inch by 75 feet)

...hmmmm......finally, no more visible water in the pipe.

Blow bag (Drain Bladder) again, to make sure

All water is gone, tightened cleanout, tested sink, working 100%

If you guys are ever up in Canada, look me up, beer is on me

Thanks again!

Comment

well sorry I missed this one but it sounded like you were just shiy of the blockage with the mini rooter 50' the blockage must have been within that 50' to 75' section well atleast the rest is plenty cleaned If it can fit I would look into a 1/2" by 75' cable for the mini-rooter thats just me con grats on the sucsess of opening the line good job
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                The first time I ran into a kitchen sink line that would not open rodding on forward and reverse, and then using the water ram, and the line still would not open I ended up calling my father. He comes out tried everything I did we listened in the stack to ensure we where indeed rodding the whole 2" line.

After he rolled up the rod, he put the pipes together and filled both sides of the sink right to the very top. Then he went to the lady and explained to her that she has a very bad sludge blockage. He said the rod goes through the sludge like a fork goes through Jello. He then explained to her with the sink filled like it is and the sludge been stirred up by the rod, it can blow open by tomorrow if not we will have to cut the pipe open and work the blockage a little differently. As soon as he said that last line the water in the sink started to go down maybe a 1/16th of an inch, I brought this to his attention. Which he replied oh its moving it will be any second now. Then WHOOSH goes all the water.

Ever since that Job I done this a few times with great success. But the key is that you ran the rod through on forward and reverse first.

Ron, I would think hot water would help move that along. What about adding a degreaser of some sort to the water in the sink?

Personally, I've had some success with grease by putting a bit of rag into my drop head and sending that down.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                X