X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK Ridgid...................

What lots of people have said it does not matter what type of machine you own but knowing how to use the machines you own and having the right machines for the right jobs.

Our company started off as a sewer and drain company then expanded to plumbing. We still pride ourselves on the quality of our drain cleaning where we still offer a two year guarantee on all our power roddings.

All our trucks have a variety of drain cleaning equipment, which the plumber choices to do the the job with. And yes we have machines that cross over each other. For example my truck has the following:
    • Spartan 1065 (150' of 3/4" cable 100' in drum other 50' in rand)
    • Ridgid K-1500 (200' of 1¼" cable 75' of it is standard the rest is heavy duty)
    • Spartan 100 (13/32 and 1/2" drums)
    • Ridgid K-50 (5/8 sectionals and a drum with 1/4 and a drum with 3/8)
    • Eel model N (100' of 5/8 sectional Caring 50' in the drum the other 50' in a rand)
    • K-39 (1/4 cable)
    • Kinetic Water Ram
    • Ro-Pump Super
    • K-6 auger
    • Marco Auger
    • General Auger
    Now I use my 1065 more often on main lines. I use the K-1500 for mains where I can not get the 1065 down a set of winding stairs, or on lines that are loaded with grease.

For kitchen sinks the Spartan 100 and K-50 with the 5/8 sections where my go to machines till I got the Eel Model N. I use my model N on all kitchen sink lines from 1 1/2" to 4" sink lines with out any issues. I have also used it with out issues on 1 1/4" lav sink lines. I keep the spartan 100 on the truck for the lines I need a stiffer cable and more torque for the tougher blockages. And the K-50 comes in handy when I need the machine in tighter quarters where the Model N will not fit.

For bathtubs, its back to the K-50 with the 1/4" cable for lines with a drum trap so I can "feel and skip" the trap rodding from the overflow. If there is a p-trap or I can open the drum trap I will use the 2/3" cable with the K-50. The K-39 is used for over head lines.

As for the water ram and Ro-Pump, I use them on tubs and sinks. Most of the time I will use these to get the line open when I know the blockage is not that far from where I am working and I suspect chemicals where used.

Reason for different augers each has a different style hook on the end and each grab different objects. My go to auger is the modified K-6 by Ridgid. I also use the Ro-Pump here as well. It has gotten the some of the most stubborn blockages open that an auger could not.

There is other equipment on my truck I did not list, and we have other equipment in our shop that is at our disposal to clear blockages as well. Like jetters, flat tape (hand) rods, hand crank steel rods, K-1000 rodder, and lots more. heck if you want an all in one machine get a Rothenberger K-700 it spins 1 1/4 and 7/8 cable without changing the clutches to any adjustments. You can also snap in a collet and it will spin the 5/8 cable for sink lines. They also have a collet to do smaller cables as well. One machine multiple lines.

My point is there is no right or wrong machine to own they all have their place and time to be used. Also knowing how to use the drain cleaning equipment properly is a key factor.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post

As for the water ram and Ro-Pump, I use them on tubs and sinks. Most of the time I will use these to get the line open when I know the blockage is not that far from where I am working and I suspect chemicals where used.
      Ron, the one place I personally wouldn't use the ram is when chemicals were used. Getting them splashed back or blown out somewhere... Bad ju ju.

BTW: Snowing pretty good up here today. Thankfully I have a decent two stage Snapper snowblower that works as advertised. Three hours after I cleared away the first 8" of snow it doesn't look like I did anything at all. I'm not going to bother any more untill morning. The boss and I are going to relax and eat the homemade pizza she's conjuring up.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Heading there Monday, you looking for anything?
        Ron, up till being snowed in today I would have been looking for a day off.

It's looking like I can't get down there on a weekend untill Jan 8.
        And then it's getting very near to when my new grandson is expected. Due to certain medical issues it's possible they could be take the baby at any time. We're hoping not of course. We want him to bake as long as possible.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
          Ron, up till being snowed in today I would have been looking for a day off.

It's looking like I can't get down there on a weekend untill Jan 8.
          And then it's getting very near to when my new grandson is expected. Due to certain medical issues it's possible they could be take the baby at any time. We're hoping not of course. We want him to bake as long as possible.
          I will keep you and your family in good thoughts. When you and the wife are able to make it to Chicago just give me a ring so I can make sure I have off.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            You know how it is, Steve just can't help himself. Every once in a while he has to stop by for a few days to play his Rick fiddle.

Mark
            Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            Rick went east to kansas, he was looking for a soul to steal.
            He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind: he was willin' to make a deal.
            When he came across this young man using a K-7500 and push`en it hard.
            Rick jumped upon a hickory stump and said: "Boy let me tell you what:
            "I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a sewer cleaner too.
            "And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.
            "Now you rip pretty good roots boy with that big ol'machine of yours, but give the devil his due:
            "I bet a K-60 made of gold against your soul, 'cos I think`s I'm better than you."
            The boy said: "well My name's Steven and it might be a sin,
            "But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos I'm the best that's ever been."

Steve oil up your cable and push your machines hard.
            'Cos hells broke loose in Kansas and Rick deals it hard.
            if you win you get this shiny K-60 made of gold.
            But if you lose, Rick gets your soul.

Rick opened up his van doors and he said: "I'll start this show."
            fire flew from his fingertips as he sticks cables together.
            He pulled the handle down on his K-60 and it made an evil hiss.
            Then a band of Ridgid forum members joined in and it sounded something like this:
            Clunk, bang, pop, crash, snap, bang, pop
            Clunk, bang, pop, crash, snap, bang, pop

When Rick finished up and started packing things back in to his van, Steve said: "Well you're pretty good ol' man.
            "But if you'll just sit down on that bucket right there, I`ll show you how its done."

Fire on the mount, run boys, run.
            Ricks in the house of the risin' sun.
            Chicken in the bread pin, pickin' out dough.
            "Granny, does your dog bite?"
            "No, child, no."

Rick bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.
            He laid that golden K-60 on the ground at Stevens feet.
            Steven said: "Rick just come on back if you ever want to try again.
            "I told you once, you son of a gun, I'm the best theres ever been."

And he played fire on the mount, run boys, run.
            Rick`s in the house of the risin' sun.
            Chicken in the bread pin pickin' out dough.
            "Granny, does your dog bite?"
            "No, child, no."
            And a fine fiddle it is.....
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

What lots of people have said it does not matter what type of machine you own but knowing how to use the machines you own and having the right machines for the right jobs.

Our company started off as a sewer and drain company then expanded to plumbing. We still pride ourselves on the quality of our drain cleaning where we still offer a two year guarantee on all our power roddings.

All our trucks have a variety of drain cleaning equipment, which the plumber choices to do the the job with. And yes we have machines that cross over each other. For example my truck has the following:
              • Spartan 1065 (150' of 3/4" cable 100' in drum other 50' in rand)
              • Ridgid K-1500 (200' of 1¼" cable 75' of it is standard the rest is heavy duty)
              • Spartan 100 (13/32 and 1/2" drums)
              • Ridgid K-50 (5/8 sectionals and a drum with 1/4 and a drum with 3/8)
              • Eel model N (100' of 5/8 sectional Caring 50' in the drum the other 50' in a rand)
              • K-39 (1/4 cable)
              • Kinetic Water Ram
              • Ro-Pump Super
              • K-6 auger
              • Marco Auger
              • General Auger
              Now I use my 1065 more often on main lines. I use the K-1500 for mains where I can not get the 1065 down a set of winding stairs, or on lines that are loaded with grease.

For kitchen sinks the Spartan 100 and K-50 with the 5/8 sections where my go to machines till I got the Eel Model N. I use my model N on all kitchen sink lines from 1 1/2" to 4" sink lines with out any issues. I have also used it with out issues on 1 1/4" lav sink lines. I keep the spartan 100 on the truck for the lines I need a stiffer cable and more torque for the tougher blockages. And the K-50 comes in handy when I need the machine in tighter quarters where the Model N will not fit.

For bathtubs, its back to the K-50 with the 1/4" cable for lines with a drum trap so I can "feel and skip" the trap rodding from the overflow. If there is a p-trap or I can open the drum trap I will use the 2/3" cable with the K-50. The K-39 is used for over head lines.

Reason for different augers each has a different style hook on the end and each grab different objects. My go to auger is the modified K-6 by Ridgid. I also use the Ro-Pump here as well. It has gotten the some of the most stubborn blockages open that an auger could not.

There is other equipment on my truck I did not list, and we have other equipment in our shop that is at our disposal to clear blockages as well. Like jetters, flat tape (hand) rods, hand crank steel rods, K-1000 rodder, and lots more. heck if you want an all in one machine get a Rothenberger K-700 it spins 1 1/4 and 7/8 cable without changing the clutches to any adjustments. You can also snap in a collet and it will spin the 5/8 cable for sink lines. They also have a collet to do smaller cables as well. One machine multiple lines.

My point is there is no right or wrong machine to own they all have their place and time to be used. Also knowing how to use the drain cleaning equipment properly is a key factor.

SewerRatz you hit the spot. Everyone is different but thats what makes us all mates(our term Downunder for Friends). A smart operator uses the machine to do the work, he/she just directs the machine. Down here we are mostly using Bill's jetters and they work just fine. Mind you again you have to know what you doing.

I always enjoy coming to this forum to open my eyes and think about what other professionals have to say. Again we are all different in opinion(at least in some shape or form) but we all go out every day to serve and protect the health of society. Stand up and be proud because we are professionals. There is no need for personal attacks, just contribute to the discussion and move on.

Comment

Did you call Allan J Coleman? Talk to Marvin, Kirk, or Shane http://www.allanjcoleman.com/
                5725 North Ravenswood Avenue
                Chicago, IL 60660-3913
                (773) 728-2400
                Parts are here, thanks for the help!

Now back to the rest of the story....rotflmao
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                X