Basements?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Basements?

I've been looking at getting a little truck crane for my cube van. The speedrooter isn't bad popping in and out when its decent weather but when its slick and icy I've wiped out a few times. Harbor freight has some and I've seen a few other i just don't know if it will be more trouble than its worth, my van box is pretty high so ramps aren't a great option. By the way 95% of our c/o are in the basement.

Comment

We use a lift gate on our van
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        Good feature in theory but it would add a considerable amount of weight and bulkiness.

And let's not forget the extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...The stair climbers I have seen were $1200 themselves .New and used the motorcycle type battery that you need to keep on trickle charge like a battery tender or when you go to use it will be dead... They work great for cast iron tubs though
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          And let's not forget the extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...The stair climbers I have seen were $1200 themselves .New and used the motorcycle type battery that you need to keep on trickle charge like a battery tender or when you go to use it will be dead... They work great for cast iron tubs though
          i think 1200.00 bucks would be money well spent and I don't have money flying out of my butt either. I've thought of trying to build something but i figure I would have $1000.00 wraped up in parts for something that doesn't work. I know I have piles of parts from other projects I thought i would build.

Comment

Stair climbers What? I'm so RICH from making money drain cleaning I just leave the brand new machines in the basement after I'm done clearing their drains. Ha lift it out of the basement are you kidding me?

Stair climbers Ha ha ha. I don't even need a van I have the machines shipped over night VIA UPS when I'm done.
            Give them a bill for $5,000 for sewer cleaning. Enjoy the machine Mrs Jones
            I just light a cigar and say "I love when a plan comes together" And fly away on my flying carpet.
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

99% of the sewers are in a basement for me. On the rare occasion I get lucky and there is an outside cleanout.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
                99% of the sewers are in a basement for me. On the rare occasion I get lucky and there is an outside cleanout.
                Same here and when you get the outside clean out jobs you feel like you won the lotto
                Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

A basement here is an oddity. slab on grade or crawlspaces are the norm. If there is a basement, it's usually 'garden level' finished living space. For me it is usually about pulled toilets for access when there is no exterior c/o (or it's under 3' of snow and no-one knows where exactly or even for sure that it exists) and the interior one got dried in.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                    How many of you guys do most of your drain cleaning in basements? I'm just curious, I thought an electric staire climber on our machines would be a good addition and a big help. Maybe I'm the only guy that has to get a machine up and down staires regularly. maybe I'm the only plumber that thinks this is hard to do and trust me my drum machine is easier than most to get up and down staires but it is still a pain in the back. I know mytana thinks I'm nuts for asking about it. I wounder what Ridgid has to say abou it. Josh??????

You're definitely not nuts! 99.5% of my sewer cleaning jobs are in basements. A stair climber, or better yet, anti gravity dolly would be very desirable.

If the stairs are steep or my back is sore I might get help bringing the Spartan 2001 up or down. If I can't get help I'll just break it down and remove the drum. It's not really that big of a deal. I just hate to take the time plus more trips up and down.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                      You're definitely not nuts! 99.5% of my sewer cleaning jobs are in basements. A stair climber, or better yet, anti gravity dolly would be very desirable.

If the stairs are steep or my back is sore I might get help bringing the Spartan 2001 up or down. If I can't get help I'll just break it down and remove the drum. It's not really that big of a deal. I just hate to take the time plus more trips up and down.
                      Now that's worth $1,200 bucks
                      Rod

Comment

I need to have 5 months to myself, a computer in a dark room and some tools, raw metal and I bet I can come up with an answer to this riddle.

How can weight be an issue when the cure solves the lifting aspect of the problem?
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

95% of the sewers here have basement cleanouts. The slab Houses usually have inside cleanouts. IF they did not get walled over. I hardly see an outside one. If I do I know they had to have it installed and have a problem line

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

How can weight be an issue when the cure solves the lifting aspect of the problem?
                            I worry more about bulk than weight. Rick said his dolly is only 80 some odd pounds. Thats not too bad . We still haven't heard from Ridgid, maybe something is in the works and they can't talk about it yet!!

Comment

Funny thing now that the weather has turned cold and crappy I've had 3 outside c/o's this week. I don't get 3 o/s c/o in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

because you still have to drag it through yards that can be soft grass or soft dirt
                                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X