X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basements?

How many of you guys do most of your drain cleaning in basements? I'm just curious, I thought an electric staire climber on our machines would be a good addition and a big help. Maybe I'm the only guy that has to get a machine up and down staires regularly. maybe I'm the only plumber that thinks this is hard to do and trust me my drum machine is easier than most to get up and down staires but it is still a pain in the back. I know mytana thinks I'm nuts for asking about it. I wounder what Ridgid has to say abou it. Josh??????

Re: Basements?

every main i have is in a basment, ok 98 out of 100 is a basment.

i just keep draging the K7500 up and done uo and down up and down.....
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Same thing here. All of the cleanouts are in the basement. The K7500 is not too bad getting out of the truck or into the basement. The real work comes with getting it back upstairs and into the truck. It really is a two-man job. However, just bought a nice used K60 w/75' of cable and a toolbox full of cutters for $700 shipped. Looking forward to trying that out on a few main lines.
      Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

i listened to you 3 years ago and bought a bidet seat

now listen to me

buy yourself a k-60

you'll be thanking me for years to come.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

95% of my mains are in basements. After looking at every brand I bought a Spartan 300. Loaded with 107' of .55 magnum cable it weighs in at 160lbs. The drum will hold 132'.

Also has a smaller foot print than most.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i listened to you 3 years ago and bought a bidet seat

now listen to me

buy yourself a k-60

you'll be thanking me for years to come.

rick.
            Rick I listened to you 3 years ago also. I use a k60 from time to time, and i do like it. it gets every job done I need done. My hands and wrists can't handle the the 600 rpms. Thats the trouble for me. otherwise I would be all over one. I do like to sit on a bucket when I'm working also. I would like to try an electric dolly like you have but I don't have much room to keep it on the van full time. How do you think the dolly would work?

Comment

Do any of you guys think an electric staire climber would be a good feature?

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                Do any of you guys think an electric staire climber would be a good feature?

Good feature in theory but it would add a considerable amount of weight and bulkiness.

Comment

I'd be a lot more interested in a drum machine with an electric stair climber.

Another thing for me to consider is width. Many stairways are narrow here.
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We do C/O`s from everywhere and my helper has been known to move the K-7500 up and down the basement stairs all by himeself. I`ve done it a few times but I have a bad back and try to not make it worse. I would love to see a electric stair climber added to the K-7500 but think it would just add to much weight.
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

the electric dolly i have is very heavy /83# by itself. but it's designed to lift 1200# i also have the big wheel and barrel attachement.

http://www.escalera.com/pdf/ms%20bro...202%20page.pdf
                      rick.

119 gallon storage tank last week.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-15-2010, 11:44 AM.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

hell i lift my K-7500 up and down out of my step van and basments at least 4 times a day. some times as many as 10.
                        Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
                        1-920-284-7471

Comment

oh also 100' of 3/4 IC
                          Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
                          1-920-284-7471

Comment

We have very few basements in are work area ... My back says its a advantage

Comment

I have decided stairs is now spelled staires

Comment

Working...
                              X