Washing Machine Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing Machine Issue

Customer has a 60 year old house with cast iron drain pipes on slab. The washing machine is 40 years old and still operates....or so the customer thinks.

The call came in as a washing machine drain that soap bubbles are coming out of the standpipe when she does the laundry but not every time.

I go to the home and do a ton of repair work on other issues and while doing this I run a shiot load of water. I flushed the toilets I know 5 times each and filled the K-sink twice to the top to check my drain replacement.

These are old people and they dont use very much water so I ran enough water in a 2 hour period than they do in a couple of days.

The last issue of the job was this washing machine drain issue with the soap bubbles. I fill the machine 4 times to the top and let the machine pump it out. No clothes in the washer so I'm actually using more water than when she does laundry. OK,so 4 times back to back the washers fills and dumps all the water without any problems.

I listened to the drain as it flowed and the drainage sounded consistant with no sign of backing up at all.

So is she using too much soap? She says she only uses a tablespoon full..less than the bottle says use. She says that no water has backed up but the machine was full of soap bubbles and soap bubbles backed out of the drain this morning.... WTF is goin on? I say its the old azz machine

Re: Washing Machine Issue

verify the soap and see if they are using additives. additives will create lots of extra suds.

the machine should have a rinse cycle that washes out the remaining soap and dirt.

otherwise possible jetting to wash out the lines.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

check and see if she is using a new soap and tell her to use less of it. There shouldnt be allot of soap suds after it has completed it`s cycle. I see this all the time.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I had this problem at my grandmothers home, it will drain fine, no issues. BUT, check the vent pipe, it was plugged and was causing the issue. Fixed the clog, and all fixed, just an idea.

Comment

The 1st thing I asked was have you switched brands of soap and are you using too much of whatever type your using. She said she uses less than the bottle says use and no additives like fabric softener.

I believe the issue is with the machine......being it only happens somtimes. I bet the timer is skipping cycles and not washing all the soap out of her clothes......over time the soap would build up in the clothes.

She could prolly wash clothes and not use ANY soap at all and still have plenty of soap just in the clothes themselves from not being rinsed proper or skipped that cycle all together..

Comment

hell tm wash a load for her and you will know. breid...........

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
              hell tm wash a load for her and you will know. breid...........
              I'll wash a load for her if she'll rub one out for me

Comment

Does she have one of those High Efficiency washers she could be using the wrong soap? Check her soap bottle or box for the H.E logo
                I made that mistake myself Wife won't let me near the new washer
                Never mind I just read the machine was old!
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                X