X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting root balls!

Here is a link to a very basic report that has snapshots of some root balls in a 6" line under a city street. This Job had just been snaked by a company who said it was not fixable and would replace the section under the street to solve the condos problems. We used the camera from a cleanout very close to the street and then jetted it with a 1/2" root ranger using one jetter motor with 3000 psi and 8-9 gpm with 1/2" hose. The first thing you will notice is I did not get complete root removal, I may have been able to with my warthog as the root ranger only does one spot then you must flip the hose to get other spots on the joints. But time was short with lots of jobs to do because of our recent storms so we settled for say 80% root removal and rootx to finish the job.
    http://www.ridgidconnect.com/Home.as...jTWXZyoQ%3d%3d

Last edited by Cuda; 12-17-2010, 06:50 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Jetting root balls!

Link not working.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

still no worky... gives me a login page asking for username and password
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Here is the right link http://www.ridgidconnect.com/Home.aspx to enter the job codes in the upper right side. Looks good Cuda thanks for sharing. I have to show these pics to the old man, he does not think that a jetter with water only can remove roots.
        Last edited by SewerRatz; 12-16-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Here is the right link http://www.ridgidconnect.com/Home.aspx to enter the job codes in the upper right side. Looks good Cuda thanks for sharing. I have to show these pics to the old man, he does not think that a jetter with water only can remove roots.
          No offense to the old man Ratz but you may want to remind him it's 2010.
          Water alone can cut my body in half now. Never mind what it can do to concrete and steel.

WATER; It's not just for mixing your Kool-Aid anymore
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

How does 80gpm at 2500 psi sound

http://www.vactor.com/Jetters_1396.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              No offense to the old man Ratz but you may want to remind him it's 2010.
              Water alone can cut my body in half now. Never mind what it can do to concrete and steel.

WATER; It's not just for mixing your Kool-Aid anymore
              Lol very true. He still thinks my 17 year old SeeSnake is the best thing that has come to lateral inspections. It took me a while to get him to realize that jetters are no longer the huge municipal trucks. Every time I got a new jetter he go off on a rant how its undersized junk, then he have me demo it for him at his house, which in turn makes him a believer. After he realizes that the jetter I bought is good for the lines it was designed for, he ask for the instructions and go over it with a fine tooth comb and mark all the safety points.

The only root cutters he seen back in his day are the root saw types. So he still amazed by how a nozzle like the warthog or Root Ranger works.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                How does 80gpm at 2500 psi sound

http://www.vactor.com/Jetters_1396.asp

sound like expensive, and overkill
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

An overkill and it will tear up the 6" pipes.

Comment

nice job cuda. the root ranger and a camera to assist will tear up every last root. if you can keep a camera in the line 10' back or gain access from the front to monitor the cleaning.

the warthog is slower, but requires less hands on work. the rootranger is a flame thrower that needs some guidance.

i'm thinking of getting the 3 rear rootranger, but i seldom get access to a manhole or 6'' c/o opening. figure with a 3 rear rootranger, there would be no work in aiming the nozzles.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                      sound like expensive, and overkill
                      Sure its expensive But its not overkill for some jobs and thats the max pressure......you dont hafta run it full open. Its kinda like saying a car goes to fast......well not unless you make it go that fast is my answer to that.

The city has a few of those to cleanout their laterals.....6" CLAY. You just hafta know how to use it. The nozzel can kill you instantly....as a teenager i got the chance to use it on several lateral lines and its a monster.

Comment

You guys like how I say "green plastic pipe connection" on the last picture instead of sdr35 to keep it simple for the homeowner lmao
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda - Just an FYI that if you go into this report on your RIDGIDConnect account and click on "Share Report" in the upper left hand corner, you can copy a direct URL to this job code so you can paste it for situations like this. The URL will be at the bottom of the "Share Report" pop up. Here's what the link will look like to a sample job I've created to show some of the capabilities of RIDGIDConnect...

http://www.ridgidconnect.com/Home.as...wgQX5B2g%3d%3d
                          Last edited by yuronich_b; 12-17-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I remember chatting to a few blokes at Nashville over 10 years ago trying to tell them that down-under we use 4000psi 5.5gpm to cut roots. No one would believe me!!
                            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X