X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General model 82/88

Has anyone ever used these machines? From what I understand this is a sectional but the cable attaches to the end of the machine and the whole machine is pushes back and forth to feed and retrieve cable. Am I correct? Seems like it wouldn't be very practical unless you're running it outside or in a large, open area.

Any thoughts?
    Ideal Plumbing

Re: General model 82/88

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
    Has anyone ever used these machines? From what I understand this is a sectional but the cable attaches to the end of the machine and the whole machine is pushes back and forth to feed and retrieve cable. Am I correct? Seems like it wouldn't be very practical unless you're running it outside or in a large, open area.

Any thoughts?
    Like a reeeeeealy long pogo stick on it's side?
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

It can be run inside in most cases, The Eel model c is more stable. Sometimes that is the only cable that can get the line opened. You can buy 5', 8', Eel cable or 10 General sections. the cable does not curl in the pipe like 3/4" cable

Comment

do you think i have 1

i have 2

almost identical to an eel. i run both 10' and 4' sections when it's a difficult stoppage.

i use it when the timberwolf is too long of a run.

work very good and is not that heavy to load.

i only take it out a few times a year as the timberwolf does the job 95% of the time when i use it.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I'm considering picking one up. Found a used one with 100ft of 1" (that's what I was told, not sure which cable size/type exactly) cable for $400.... Should I jump on it?
          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

yes that's a pretty good deal

-Chris

Comment

I have a 1hp model c eel (almost the same machine as general) and it is a MONSTER on nasty root stoppages! never met a root stoppage i could not get through with it.

It takes a little learning to get the hang of how to be clean and tidy, but that will come with time.

For $400.00 make sure the cables are ok, that machine has lots of power and its direct drive to the cables, so they must be in good shape, and ready to take a beating.

Comment

I have two - Modle # 82 , they work great for outside cleanouts , we call the machines - walk behind , because that is what you do you walk behind it , they are very powerfull , 10 ft 1 1/4 inter coil cable apox 200 ft , we use them when the k-7500 needes a break - great machine

Comment

Working...
                X