X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Johni bar....

Velcro shoes would save you more time over the year than a johnni bar. How many of you are going to rush out and buy a pair?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      I'm surprised with all the talent here on this forum that your not making them yourself. And I'm not being sarcastic before I get accused of it

I've never used one BUT....I am a plumber and I get the idea. It seems the tool would be useless if there where no space between the washer and the toilet base. Even with the bolt held a rusted old steel bolt that hacks use will not come off. Its another trinket to haul around.
      I've heard alot of good things about them from plumbers that actually own them.I carry a hacksaw blade in my fastbag.As both J.C. and yourself stated they are irreplaceable.

I have a die grinder for pesky tank/bolts,don't mean I carry into the house to change a garbage disposal.
      Johni would fit well into my Specialty Box with it as well as 200lbs of other time savers

I got quite a few different methods I could sit there sniffing dried p!ss all the while tinkering wasting somebodies time(mine) if that was what I was stuck with.If there's a possibility I can save time,which sounds like it is pretty good based on others review,I'm trying it.

Just another internet opinion.
      Adam

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        I've heard alot of good things about them from plumbers that actually own them.I carry a hacksaw blade in my fastbag.As both J.C. and yourself stated they are irreplaceable.

I have a die grinder for pesky tank/bolts,don't mean I carry into the house to change a garbage disposal.
        Johni would fit well into my Specialty Box with it as well as 200lbs of other time savers

I got quite a few different methods I could sit there sniffing dried p!ss all the while tinkering wasting somebodies time(mine) if that was what I was stuck with.If there's a possibility I can save time,which sounds like it is pretty good based on others review,I'm trying it.

Just another internet opinion.
        Adam
        I personally clean a toilet if its nasty before I work on it. I charge by the hour. Before I could go to the truck and retrieve the johnni bar I could have cut the bolt off.....I just dont like hauling around junk thats not really needed.

I use linesman pliers to cut off the 1/4" brass bolts I use.
        Last edited by TheMaster; 12-21-2010, 08:09 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

I've actually been surprised at how many positive reviews I've heard about this tool.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I've actually been surprised at how many positive reviews I've heard about this tool.

Mark

That's exactly why I want one

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
              Thats what I say about the milwaukee m12 pipe cutter.....and its a piece of crap. I cant even get 50.00 for it.....POS.

Comment

Thats what I say about the milwaukee m12 pipe cutter.....and its a piece of crap. I cant even get 50.00 for it.....POS.
                I have one and love it for it's application.
                Cutting in tight places.
                A full time production cutter I do not consider it.

Comment

I have one and love it for it's application.
                  Cutting in tight places.
                  A full time production cutter I do not consider it.
                  Its a POS but I've loved a POS before.....so its ok.

Comment

I use linesman pliers to cut off the 1/4" brass bolts I use.
                    That would mean everyone behind you now has to cut the bolt.

Comment

That would mean everyone behind you now has to cut the bolt.
                      Thats simply not true. I secure my bolts to the flange. The bolt is held so tight by that nut and washer against the flange that you can use the nut to re-thread the bolt as you remove the nut. I use wolverine brass bolts and they have big nuts.....like me.

Comment

Thats simply not true. I secure my bolts to the flange. The bolt is held so tight by that nut and washer against the flange that you can use the nut to re-thread the bolt as you remove the nut. I use wolverine brass bolts and they have big nuts.....like me.
                        No,
                        Unacceptable

Comment

SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Lol
                            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post

No problem....I will give a picture tutorial later today. Stay tuned. Just for you for Christmas.

Comment

No,
                                Unacceptable

Oh yes it works very well.....I will be putting on a picture show later. It will have step by step pics of the whole intricate detailed complicated process.

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!! Those wolverine brass bolts are very good quality and the nuts are BIG. Brass is considered a soft metal and the nut amazingly will correct a bad thread if the bolt is held tight to the flange.

Basically the nut and washer that attachs the bolt to the flange is doing the same thing as the johni bar is doing for you. It hold the bolt from spinning.

Comment

Working...
                                X