New Member and A Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member and A Question

I am Tom and I own Magic Touch III Sewer and Drain Cleaning LLC which serves the Metro Milwaukee 4 county area... We opened the doors 01-01-10 and this 1st year has been interesting...I am a former Mr. Rooter Franchisee . It was difficult starting out in this economy but I have been reading this forum for almost a year now and it has helped me so much..I want to thank you all for that so much..his is my first post.... I am now starting to do more and more commercial work and I am encountering the commercial type clean out caps that are slotted and a few have had two recessd holes in them to insert a tool into designed to open them... Question is...Where can I buy clean out tools that open the slotted and the aforementioned double recessed hole type cleanouts? Thanks Oh one more thing..I do own a K 1500 A and yes I am saving for a K 60......Tom

Re: New Member and A Question

Welcome to the forum Tom.

You might want to checkout this thread. it has what your looking for.
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33705

You might want to check with jerrymac as his might still be for sale.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Welcome Aboard, You could try Crown Hardware over by Fein Brothers on third st just south of north ave.

Or you could try Allen Coleman.

Comment

I just used the larger slotted end in my set tonight. Really came in handy for the few times I've needed it so far.

I bought mine here.

http://www.faucetdepot.com/prod/Perf...ches-31798.asp

Comment

Thanks so much for the suggestions.... Crown Hardware has saved me a few times..they have everything...Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Touch III LLC View Post
            I am Tom and I own Magic Touch III Sewer and Drain Cleaning LLC which serves the Metro Milwaukee 4 county area... We opened the doors 01-01-10 and this 1st year has been interesting...I am a former Mr. Rooter Franchisee . It was difficult starting out in this economy but I have been reading this forum for almost a year now and it has helped me so much..I want to thank you all for that so much..his is my first post.... I am now starting to do more and more commercial work and I am encountering the commercial type clean out caps that are slotted and a few have had two recessd holes in them to insert a tool into designed to open them... Question is...Where can I buy clean out tools that open the slotted and the aforementioned double recessed hole type cleanouts? Thanks Oh one more thing..I do own a K 1500 A and yes I am saving for a K 60......Tom
            welcome to ridgid forum I am glad to here that you have been reading are forum posts over the past year and am even more glad you have joind as we can all learn from one another again weclome
            PS the K-60 is a great machine as it runs both the 7/8" cable for main sewer blocages they state up to 4" but with general 7/8" IC cable I have had good luck in 6" and I do still 150'of 7/8" C-10 then 75' of 7/8" Gen. IC and 75' of 5/8" for kithen sinks and lavs and floor drains the K-60 the all around rodder
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

If you ever need any help I’m only 100 miles away LOL

Nice to forum with ya
              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

Oh great... another sectional guy.

Welcome anyway.

re co's, some of us just use the universal tools; a big hammer and cold chisel. Yoy get there half the time anyway.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I wouldnt say I am a sectional guy....I will say me and the Maxirooter loaded with 100' of 3/4" cable dont go up the stairs as easy as we used to....I still have the Maxirooter..a Speedrooter 91 and 90 both with 5/8" ...and 3 other drum machines 1/2" 3/8"....Now at the age of 55 Id rather make 3 trips of 100 lbs up the stairs.. than 1 trip with 250 lbs up the stairs.....To be honest I cant handle the larger drum machines alone anymore...and I almost always work alone....I also like my k 1500 because it has the muscle to get the tough jobs done...I'm saving for a K 60 and will have that prior to the spring season because the K1500 is over kill on alot of my sewer jobs....Guys when you get older you have to be careful with your back.So if you want to stay in this trade I suggest that you be nice to your body....for me its simple really....That said, if I have outside access to a basement without the usual stairs I'll grab the drum machine...I do what I have to do to get the job done...You could say I am a sectional drum guy...... Ha ha Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X