To the top we go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To the top we go

I don't do roofs. I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of falling, or I guess I should say I'm afraid of the sudden stop and the end of the fall!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Depends on jobsite. I'd rather use a 4" stack than pull a toilet, don't use smaller vents unless I can determine if its a straight shot. I try to avoid vent 90s. No steep roofs, pretty careful but I know it can happen. Conditions have to be ideal. I charge hourly so whatever it takes!

No snow or ice here and no go if raining!

wookie

Comment

Back in Mass. 40 Years ago My brother and I would go up on roofs to break up ice dams above the gutter line ! This was a situation where ice water would pour from the living room ceilings.Local Insurance Company's Kept Us busy. Once My ladder slipped out on the icy brick entrance [ one story thank God] All I could do was keep gripping the ladder rails! My older Brother Yelled " HOLD ON " I was OK .I still laugh!

Back in Mass. 40 years ago
        Last edited by toolaholic; 12-22-2010, 12:20 PM.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          You are fired for getting on a snow covered roof!

I`d be like, Sorry but we either pull the W/C or we install a C/O because theres snow on your roof lady and my kids will be pissed if I fall off before they get their Xmas gifts.
          Agreed!

Comment

If i thought it was dangerous i would never get up there.

pulling a toilet can dangerous, bad for the back and could be very messy!

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
              If i thought it was dangerous i would never get up there.

pulling a toilet can dangerous, bad for the back and could be very messy!

Anybody in their right mind could look at the pictures and tell that it was dangerous

Comment

The guys that pull toilets are the guys that do not have the handy dandy k60!

Comment

Wrong, I have a K-60 and we would have pulled the W/C and not taken a chance on a snow covered roof.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

If I was on a roof trying to clear a sewer and if I slipped and fell?
                    Remember what happened to the dinosaurs after the last major impact
                    I now own a k-60 too and pull the toilet every time. Roofs are to steep and high in the New England area.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by UnClogNH; 12-24-2010, 11:25 AM.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                    X