X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the top we go

Slab house, no cleanout. The last guy had to pull the toilet and cable the sewer. The homeowner said he made a "mess" last time pulling the toilet. He ask if we could go through the roof. I said sure, i have the right machine for the job. to the roof we went.

What do i love more, the famous k60? or Michigan weather?
    Attached Files

Re: To the top we go

You are fired for getting on a snow covered roof!

I`d be like, Sorry but we either pull the W/C or we install a C/O because theres snow on your roof lady and my kids will be pissed if I fall off before they get their Xmas gifts.
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Seems like an old canvas tarp would be good to throw down for traction....Personally I would move away from snow. I dont work if its below about 35 degrees unless there is big money to be made.

Comment

I dont mind working in the cold , But if there is freak snow on the roof I'm taking something apart inside ...
        The metal roofs people are putting on there houses around here are just as bad ,you cant stay up on them if there is much pitch

Comment

I would have pulled the toilet, rodded the sewer and not made a mess. You are crazy for doing that for such little return when it could have been done much safer and probably with less effort. It could of ended up costing a life or being a life changer if you or your helper would slip and fall.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            I would have pulled the toilet, rodded the sewer and not made a mess. You are crazy for doing that for such little return when it could have been done much safer and probably with less effort. It could of ended up costing a life or being a life changer if you or your helper would slip and fall.
            I know a plumber who slipped off a roof after a thunder boomer came through....shattered his right leg and now he has steel rods in it.....still limps and it will never be right again. He is just 40 years old....thats F'd up. I'm with ya...wet or snow I dont go. Anything over a 8/12 I dont go on and thats if its single story and I dont have far to go.

Comment

not saying that there are some things more dangerous than others,

but you can blow out a knee or bust a leg just stepping off the back of ones truck or van, and my knee has never been right since, and 5 hrs of surgery,

I have a friend who tore up and broke his ankle stepping off a curb,

so what ever your doing be careful, you don't need a roof to mess some thing up.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

PALEEZE, EXTEND THAT LADDER SO YOU HAVE A SAFE HAND HOLD! That xtra ladder folded does You NO good !! DAD
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  PALEEZE, EXTEND THAT LADDER SO YOU HAVE A SAFE HAND HOLD! That xtra ladder folded does You NO good !! DAD
                  i was going to say the same thing
                  the small company's do not get checks by OSHA like the bigger ones do
                  was the ladder secured to the roof so it could not slide from side to side or the bottom slip out as you step on it
                  we had a co worker not secure the ladder and when he went to get back on ti the bottom slipped out and he came down 10 ft on his heels , lets say that was the last day he will ever work again . 6 yrs later he still is going in for surgery
                  be safe out there
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

at least it wasn't raining

3 days in a row and we have a couple more to come

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                      Beats a drought any day!
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

i knew knew these pics would spark some topic of fun.

Comment

you got to be a real idiot to go up on a .......oh never mine.....admin please remove my last weeks post!!!!....lol
                          Last edited by SEWERRAT66; 12-21-2010, 11:15 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                            Rick, Tornados tomorrow in CA
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                              Slab house, no cleanout. The last guy had to pull the toilet and cable the sewer. The homeowner said he made a "mess" last time pulling the toilet. He ask if we could go through the roof. I said sure, i have the right machine for the job. to the roof we went.

What do i love more, the famous k60? or Michigan weather?
                              sorry but I am with you I have no problem with going to the roof thats why I also got my K 60
                              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                              X