X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Jetter Specs. For Residental Work

I am in the market for a jetter that I want to use for mostly residental lateral work..Must be able to cut roots and efficiently open main sewer lateral lines..Here I see mostly 4" lines....I want a jetter I can mount in my E250 Van..So far I like American Jetter...I was thinking 40 horse and 9 GPM.. or the 30 Horse with a 7 GPM...I would be using Rootranger and Warthog 3/8" nozzles for root work...Question is...What set up do you think would serve me the best over all regarding the Gpm/Horsepower ratio for residental jetting of main line laterals..

Re: Best Jetter Specs. For Residental Work

those are large specs for a mounted jetted in a 3/4 ton van. unless you're strictly drain cleaning and not carrying a lot of other supplies, you'll chew up a lot of space and weight with a water tank to support the 9gpm.

i like a portable jetter and a trailer jetter.

7 gpm will run a smaller warthog and a bored out rootranger. 9 will do things faster. but between the engine, pump and water tank with hoses, you'll be lucky to fit a plunger in the van and not go overweight.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Well the van is the extended version of the E250 and I dont carry that much as I focus on almost all Sewer and Drain work...I dont want a trailor jetter either...I can see with the engine, pump, water & gas and antifreeze tank it would be tight in the van...So what might be a better option? Maybe the 30 horse 7 GPM with the 100 gal tank ...I'm thinking the smaller 4 GPM/4000 Psi might be a little small for m.......Another option I am thinking of is to get a long bed Ford Ranger...a jetter designed for a pickup truck, a K 60 and K45 and use that with the E250 as the 2nd vehicle with the K1500 Speedrooter 91 and small 717 Jetter in it... Tom

Comment

I do what I need to (which sounds like what you want to) with 5.5 gpm. More would be nicer, easier, and require less thought. But to get a few cable machines, a little electric jetter, an auger, some cameras, and a bunch of parts in there along with the jetter kind of makes a supply tank not happen for me.

Certainly what you are talking about will do what you want. But you don't need that much if that is all you want to do.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I was thinking that I want to go big enough that say 6 mo's down the road I wont regret having not gotten the larger machine..that said, I dont want to buy to big of a jetter either..I'm just looking for opinions on what some of the best options for me are... If I can I would like a jetter that would leave enough room in the van for at least a K60 K45 and a few other tools.. Maybe a portable jetter is the way to go...Ive been looking at alot of them as well...I was thinking tho that the van mounted jetters looked the best to me...Tom

Comment

there are alot of threads on this topic. try the search function. Almost every and all question you have about specs will be answered. Heck Even things you have not thought about will be answered

Comment

I have read many hours here...it was all very helpful....One thing I am concerned about is....How low GPM can I go with 4000 psi and still be able to effectively cut roots...with either the Rootranger or Warthog 3/8" nozzles...Is 4 GPM @ 4000PSI effective or should I bump up the flow a bit...Tom

Comment

the rootranger will destroy roots at 4gpm 4000#. but you'll have to work the hose/ rotate it a bit. those specs won't work for a warthog.

the 5.5 3500 18hp is my portable jetter and it works fine for most stuff. the trailer is for bigger and faster work.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Touch III LLC View Post
                  I was thinking that I want to go big enough that say 6 mo's down the road I wont regret having not gotten the larger machine..that said, I dont want to buy to big of a jetter either..I'm just looking for opinions on what some of the best options for me are... If I can I would like a jetter that would leave enough room in the van for at least a K60 K45 and a few other tools.. Maybe a portable jetter is the way to go...Ive been looking at alot of them as well...I was thinking tho that the van mounted jetters looked the best to me...Tom
                  Why not get a cube van instead of an econoline? Or perhaps a high roofed long Sprinter? More room. The Sprinter would probably get better MPG, but they aren't cheap.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

General Pipe Cleaners makes a very good cart unit that does 8 gpm @ 3000 psi called the J-3080 http://www.drainbrain.com/jets/j3080/index.html This would come very close to your specifications and does not take up a a lot of space on the truck.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                    X