X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter safety valve question????

Recently I was advised to replace my unloader valve on my jetter as the safety valve was blowing off every time I shut down my mini reel and sometimes while jetting.

I replaced the unloader and then tested it and the safety valve still blew off even though the pressure was set lower than it should have been at only 4000kpa instead of 5000kpa.

Today I pulled off the safety valve and pulled it apart. What I found was the spring in the top section was in three pieces and all gunked up!
    Is this normal wear? The jetter is less than 2 years old and maybe gets used a couple of times a week sometimes more.

The fact that the insides of the safety valve are all gunked up worries me as Im wondering what the inside of the pump looks like and if its causing any damage.

Is there a product to run through the jetter to clean it up?

I have two filters on the inlet to the header tank and one filter on the outlet I would have thought this enough to keep out any nasties!?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I will take some pics of the safety valve tomorow and the damaged spring.

Cheers Phil.

Re: Jetter safety valve question????

The average unloader valve lasts around 18 months depending on the hardness of the water and the amount of use the jetter gets. I have never seen a broken spring!?

We always put $40 aside from every job to pay for wear and tear/maintenance items like hoses, nozzles, valves and eventual machine replacement.
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
      .....We always put $40 aside from every job to pay for wear and tear/maintenance items like hoses, nozzles, valves and eventual machine replacement.

What percentage of the average job would that be? I'm not trying to figure out your prices, I'm just trying to figure out what it would be for me based on my prices.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

We charge $60 call out fee and $120 per half hour with the jet (min 1 hr first hr) + GST. That is $300 + GST less $40 leaves you $240 to cover the 60 different business costs that your staff may not know you incur. We did a study for our plumbers last week and surprised them all at the real costs of running a business. Then we told them that their existence in the business was no. 1 to make a profit for the company.

They got the picture . I'll send you a copy one day...you won't like it!
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks! Sometimes its tough to get the prices you need to with competition that is ignorant. I don't even really bid on toilet rentals for big construction. All the other guys think they have to go cheap to get the work. I won't do that. They either pay my price or go elsewhere.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
          X