X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When your jetter chases you!!!!!!

We'll after Adam suggested how to unstick My jetter i got in more trouble! Decided to do the other side of our yard. Not nearly as much yard waste from area drains [ including roof downleads w screens ]
    About 90 ft of 1/4" hose 2500 lbs 3 gal. minute' Ran in from curb cut 4" sdr 35. Hey what'll happen if I pull it out a few feet past the curb? WHO HO UP TO THE SKY CAUGHT IN NEIGHBORS TREE! GIVE IT A YANK, IT'S BITTING ME IN THE ARSE, THEN UP MY 35 FT CEDAR TREE ! Shut down engine. Look for whitness's! none. WONT DO THAT AGAIN! EVER HAPPEN TO YOU ???????
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: When your jetter chases you!!!!!!

bill can tell you his version of the jetter on a tear with the neighbors car

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Jetters can be fun!!!!!

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

This is actually a good thing for you guys to remind me of the perils of styrene area drains and other out of whack systems.
        Going to a large property to address about 40 recievers,deck drains,down spouts,catch basins.aGonna be using everything,including the jetter.Need to be very aware of where the end of it is.
        I have learned to pay attention to this forum ever since I got a speeding ticket a day or two after discussing them here.
        Everytime something comes up I consider it a warning or a near future opportunity.

Thanks Tool

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          We'll after Adam suggested how to unstick My jetter i got in more trouble! Decided to do the other side of our yard. Not nearly as much yard waste from area drains [ including roof downleads w screens ]
          About 90 ft of 1/4" hose 2500 lbs 3 gal. minute' Ran in from curb cut 4" sdr 35. Hey what'll happen if I pull it out a few feet past the curb? WHO HO UP TO THE SKY CAUGHT IN NEIGHBORS TREE! GIVE IT A YANK, IT'S BITTING ME IN THE ARSE, THEN UP MY 35 FT CEDAR TREE ! Shut down engine. Look for whitness's! none. WONT DO THAT AGAIN! EVER HAPPEN TO YOU ???????
          LOL-Yeah you have to be careful. I was pulling the hose out at a curb core after cleaning a yard drain. I was sweeping out the last of the mud with a back and forth action. I looked away for just a second and tore a bunch of skin off of my palm when the jetter hose came out of the drain.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Oh yeah, I've pulled a little too far a time or two. Gotta love the foot pedal to stop the shower quickly!
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

you need a foot pedal as a dead mans switch. a spray wand will work but it ties up a free hand.

even on my large jetter trailer, i have full controll over the water.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

We use a little peace of duct tape at the 10` mark now and haven`t had the problem since.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  We use a little peace of duct tape at the 10` mark now and haven`t had the problem since.
                  I'm not so sure duct tape is the way to go but I guess if you renew it as needed it would work. I would use markings in TWO places; the first yellow at 15 feet and the second bright red tape at ten feet instead of that little piece of duct tape that might get missed. On the hydro-lasers I have used (not for sewer/drain work but still cleaning junk out of process piping) we paint the hose for about 12 inches at the above mentioned locations, its works well. There is no mistaking a 12 band of yellow or red for a piece of gunk stuck to the hose.

And a dead mans foot switch is required.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

A Leader hose five long and a different color works well too. A fitting on the smaller hoses dosent work that well though.

Comment

I enjoy a laugh along with a lesson. Thanks!! Speaking of lessons I have a new one to share. Another time.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

It also nailed Me GOOD up on the roof doing down leaders. I must have a bulls eye on My arse. HURTS!
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It also nailed Me GOOD up on the roof doing down leaders. I must have a bulls eye on My arse. HURTS!
                          Jeese Tool...Slow the F*** down mister.We haven't even had a chance to do our group BBQ.I'd hate to have to drive all the way up there to have to spoon feed a drooling quadriplegic apple sauce while I'm eating his steak.

Comment

those would be my steaks

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              those would be my steaks

rick.
                              Hardly true.I believe my count is up to two at this moment.

Will you ever become aware of the fact that the world would not stop spinning on it's "Ricky" axis when you are gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X