X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rick, your nozzle is stuck

i loaned out a warthog nozzle to the plumber that bought my other trailer jetter. he was going to use it on a restaurant main. so on his second job that morning, he ran it into a 3'' c/o and got it stuck

after trying everything except a camera and soap, he called me with the news so i was suppose to go meet him this morning to see if i could help him out, but he canceled due to rain and being outside.

the 1/2'' warthog with 1/2'' hose is not designed for 3'' pipe with tees/ wye's. he's not sure if it's 10' or 60' in the red mark on my hose starts at 10' and repeats every 50'

i'm hoping that with the camera, i'll see the problem and figure out a way to free it. hopefully it's won't plug up with chinese food in the mean time.

i wasn't going to charge him for the day's use, but i did write up an agreement if the nozzle was lost or broken, the replacement cost would be $800. hopefully we will get it out in 1 piece.

any suggestions on getting it out

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: rick, your nozzle is stuck

He doesn't sound very aware.
    Didn't you explain anything to this guy.

Comment

remember i spent 4 hours with him at a job last month near marks house. he owns a cart jetter. the 1/2'' warthog was for 4''-6'' pipe. the 3/8'' is for 3''-4'' pipe.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

My insurance guy told me that loaning tools to anyone is a big no no. He just sells insurance tho...wtf does he know.

Comment

I was always taught two things in life.....don't loan tools and never mess with another mans hot chocolate!!
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I'm on Ricks side. I think it was a nice to loan him the nozzle

Comment

going there this morning. hope to retrieve it.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                any suggestions on getting it out

rick.
                hook it up to the bumper of your van and go like hell.
                Hope that helps you out
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I tried hose stretching idea this morning unhooking the post hole digger, I disconnected the three point and the PTO but tried to stretch the hydraulics lines, fortunate for me the safety disconnects did there job and nothing was damaged, just popped free of the tractor,

Rick I do not think hose stretching is recommended.
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    hook it up to the bumper of your van and go like hell.
                    Hope that helps you out
                    After you do that, I have a friend inCa. that has a junk yard--he canget you a deal on a new/used bumper!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      going there this morning. hope to retrieve it.

rick.
                      Good job on getting your warthog back. I guess Joey's suggestion worked after all.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        Good job on getting your warthog back. I guess Joey's suggestion worked after all.

Mark
                        But of course, between Phoebe and I we can do anything.
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                          Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          Mommy we make one heck of a team. Daddy is one lucky guy to have us.

Phoebe
                          Born Free - Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                            Originally posted by Phoebe Jacqueline View Post
                            Mommy we make one heck of a team. Daddy is one lucky guy to have us.

Phoebe
                            Good job guys I sure hope Rick will give you the credit you deserve.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

that's why telling you/ mark or joey will sink a destroyer

yes i did get it out and the guy was thrilled. he had already figured on buying me a new one

the trailer i sold him has 400' of 1/2'' jetter and 250' of 3/8'' hose.

he was 61' into the line with the 1/2'' hose and nozzle. the c/o was a 3'' n.h. comby and he didn't bother using a hose guard

first thing we did was put in the mini seesnake and take a good look

then i used the 3/8'' hose and 4 forward 6 back monster mole nozzle to was the pipe clean of chinese food put the camera in and found the issue. he had dropped out the bottom of the 4'' 70 year old cast and wedged the head into the "v" grove that was on the bottom

i figured the only way out was to try and go forward with the jetter and free it from the pipe wedge. went in a few feet and used the pulse to shake it loose as he pulled quick to jump the gap. 2 tries and it was free

he was thrilled and got away with no damage to my nozzle and a little scuffing to the jetter hose as he had already tried to ratchet it out.

cleaned up and located the damaged pipe. good job for a pipe bursting replacement in the occupied beauty supply store. figured on a 30' to clean things up.

glad i got it as i have a jetting job tomorrow that i will need it for.

in the mean time he rented my propress with 2.5'' and 3'' xlc jaws for a pump project. all went well and he'll return it in the morning

now if only joey, phoebe and mark knew the rest of the story

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X