Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rant.... Ridgid Demo Request.....

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Did you not even have messages on your machine from anyone at Ridge in those few weeks?

Looking into it.

Josh
    The only contact I had either time was the demo confirmation call around one week after applying. On the drum machine request the rep did finally call me several weeks later but I had already bought my machine from Spartan.
    Last edited by AssTyme; 12-30-2010, 10:06 AM.

Comment

AssTyme, please PM me your contact info that you filled out in the request. We are looking into what happened. Sorry again .

Josh

Comment

I think ridgid should send out one demo unit per 4 ridgid dealers in an area. Between those dealers it is rotated out every week so everyone gets a chance to see it and use it. Then at the end of the year that camera would be auctioned off for charity like the shriners burn hospital for children. My experience has been that most supply houses dont stock the cameras....missing out on impulse sales. Shame on you at ridgid marketing.

Oh and drop the price some.....

Comment

It takes a while for China to get the emails

What?

RIDGID technology is made in the USA?

Not what the boxes say........
          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I met with my rep (Eric) on Thursday. I was impressed with the looks and features of the MicroReel & MicroDrain I'm thinking this will be my next major addition to my business.

Eric seemed to be a likable guy too (no, not like that )

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              Just a question that doesn't really matter.....BUT why do you want a demo? Why not just buy it?
              Cause it's like buying a car..I am not going to risk all my hard earned cash buying something like that and doing something stupid right off the bat and fuc**** it all up ! If they want to sell sell their high dollar equipment to me they can spend the time to atleast show me the basics..just my .02
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Just a question that doesn't really matter.....BUT why do you want a demo? Why not just buy it?
                Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Cause it's like buying a car..I am not going to risk all my hard earned cash buying something like that and doing something stupid right off the bat and fuc**** it all up ! If they want to sell sell their high dollar equipment to me they can spend the time to atleast show me the basics..just my .02
                Gotta agree here, this is kind of a silly question (no offense Master).

We rented, borrowed and demo'd many locators before we bought.

We requested a Ridgid demo of the NavitrackII, we liked what we saw and bought one...be damned if I'm going to spend a couple thousand on a locator and take it on faith that it does it's job and it relatively easy to use without a degree or hundreds of hours for a learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by MainDrain View Post
                  Gotta agree here, this is kind of a silly question (no offense Master).

We rented, borrowed and demo'd many locators before we bought.

We requested a Ridgid demo of the NavitrackII, we liked what we saw and bought one...be damned if I'm going to spend a couple thousand on a locator and take it on faith that it does it's job and it relatively easy to use without a degree or hundreds of hours for a learning curve.
                  I could understand wanting to demo the product if you didn't have thousands of them in the field and hundreds upon hundreds of posts from plumbers on how they perform.

If I did buy one and didn't like it I would just get my money back. Simple as that...no offense taken,we just shop differently thats all. Now if I had to wear the camera or marry it...then I might want a demo.

Ridge makes the best products for the professional plumber to locate and inspect sewers.....hands down. 2nd place I would think is Gen eye by general.

Comment

What would you say if a customer called and asked you to bring over a tankless water heater and let them try it out and see if they want to spend the 3 grand?

You see a real customer and a serious customer usually just buys the product.

I dont want a demo...I want to be able to walk in a walk out with a camera. Thats how you sell things. You have it there and let the guy touch it and be able to walk out with it TODAY. Example I will pay more for a gun because I can go in and the gun is in stock...I can save minimum 10% if I order it.

Comment

What would you say if a customer called and asked you to bring over a tankless water heater and let them try it out and see if they want to spend the 3 grand?

I dont want a demo...I want to be able to walk in a walk out with a camera. Thats how you sell things. You have it there and let the guy touch it and be able to walk out with it TODAY. Example I will pay more for a gun because I can go in and the gun is in stock...I can save minimum 10% if I order it.

You are the man !!!

You seem to have the correct answers to any and all of life's situations, problems and mysteries

Comment

I generally buy things on reputation and have never asked for a demo. I research the heck out of things and may look at them at a Trade Show but have never needed a demo. However, I do understand why some may want to.

As for test driving a vehicle, again I just don't feel a need for it with a new vehicle. When I order a vehicle it isn't even made yet so I am buying it sight unseen. The only exception is when I was shopping for my Lincoln Blackwood. The salesman pushed and pushed me to take a test ride then sat in the back seat spewing technical garb he must have memorized.

He had just finished his cornering pitch when we had a true hairpin turn come up. The speed limit went from 50 mph to 25 mph so imagine his surprise when I gassed it into the turn and burned the tires coming out. Afterwards I turned around to the salesman and told him he was right it did have good traction. Other than Brenda reading me the riot act later I had a pretty good time.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I got to meet Eric at the Round Up in Pewaukee last year, and seemed like a good guy. He was able to answer most of my questions. When it comes to big ticket items I as well would like a demo.

Comment

no offense Master but you can rent a gun and test it befor you shoot it.When you buy a gun you hold it befor buying it to make sure you like how it feels and look at the sights or do you just look at it in the case an go THAT ONE Ridgid offers a demo they should stand up and do the demo and at a timely maner plain and simple also If I offered I would install that tankless water heater but we dont offer BUT ridgid does offer a demo so why not stand up and do it in a timely maner not months later thats the point here
                            Last edited by post plumber; 01-08-2011, 09:33 PM.
                            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              I met with my rep (Eric) on Thursday. I was impressed with the looks and features of the MicroReel & MicroDrain I'm thinking this will be my next major addition to my business.

Eric seemed to be a likable guy too (no, not like that )
                              I have the micro real and explorer and am happy and just got the scout I have the 100' with counter and soand as thats what I would rec.
                              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                                but you can rent a gun and test it befor you shoot it not to menchon befor you buy a gun you hold it befor buying it to make sure you like how it feels and look at hte sights or do you just look at it in the case an go THAT ONE Ridgid offers a demo they should stand up and do the demo and at a timely maner plain and simple also If I offered I would install that tankless water heater but we dont offer BUT ridgid does offer a demo so why not stand up and do it in a timely maner not months later thats the point here
                                Look look look you cant go rent some of the guns I buy...it just dont happen. Ever see a Barrett 6.8 for rent? How about custom made guns for rent? But all that doesn't matter......I just asked the guy why a demo was so important or why he wanted one.. You guys get worked up over NOT MUCH.

I know a guy who orders all his cars....before they are even available to the dealers. $100,000 cars he orders.....never even sat in one much less test drove it.
                                Last edited by TheMaster; 01-08-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X