Rant.... Ridgid Demo Request.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rant.... Ridgid Demo Request.....

Every year we have a Sportsman Show at a local Pheasant Club. Most the manufacturers are there and you can shoot their rifles or shotguns at a per cartridge/shell cost. For some reason the .50 cal and Weatherby 460 mags are always the favorites.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I know this one gun shop that has its own range, and he will let you rent any used gun he has in stock if you are interested in buying it. He also has a very large selection of brand new guns for rent as well. Some I am surprised he rents out due to the high value of them.

As for cars, if I am buying new, I know what I want no need to test drive it, since I order what I want. But used cars I always test drive to ensure its in working order before I even talk about how much I am going to offer for the car.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I consider a gun used if its fired by anyone other than the factory.

Comment

I think a demo on a snake is worthless....A demo on a camera is worth it though. There is no way a demo on a snake will stand up to a real world test. That said ***'s request for one showed the support he could expect in the future after he spent his money, if you don't get support before the sale it ain't goin to happen after it. So this thread started with his frustration at not being taken care of,,,, the rest is dumb he knew he couldn't get a true test of the product from the demo but if there was no demo givin or chance at it why should he buy.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Simple to me. Want to offer something. Back it up in a timely manner.

Don't want to. Then don't.

The market will adjust regardless.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              I think I have the best machine for what I need and I also have the best costumer support

You made the right choice. You got the best drain cleaning machines on the market. The Duracable DM is also the best main line machine if the 1065 is to bulky for you and the 300 is to small for you.

I used to see my rep once a year, now I dont even think our area has one anymore.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

How much does a factory rep make a year? They probably have a hard time keeping good help for what they pay maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Simple to me. Want to offer something. Back it up in a timely manner.

Don't want to. Then don't.

The market will adjust regardless.

J.C.
                  I agree 100%.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                    Look look look you cant go rent some of the guns I buy...it just dont happen. Ever see a Barrett 6.8 for rent? How about custom made guns for rent? But all that doesn't matter......I just asked the guy why a demo was so important or why he wanted one.. You guys get worked up over NOT MUCH.

I know a guy who orders all his cars....before they are even available to the dealers. $100,000 cars he orders.....never even sat in one much less test drove it.
                    master I am not getting worked up and you are right you cant rent every gun as I oun a very nice custom made essex 1911 frame and slide most all wilson combat inards and nighthawk ext safety & bevertail and so on with a 1.98 LBS triger pull night sights and more its nice haveing a freind who is a gun smith thats what I like about being a plumber thats how we met I was not trying to grt worked up as I am sorry you took it that way just saying as I new I I liked the 1911 from the ones I had befor I went and put that kind of $$$$ in that one thats all and befor I bought 1 I rented 1 but that could also be the diffrence of the chicago land as thers a lot more dealers just like If I new I wanted I test a camera befor buying one I would go to AJ colmen and marv would be more then happy to show me and explane every thing
                    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                      Look look look you cant go rent some of the guns I buy...it just dont happen. Ever see a Barrett 6.8 for rent? How about custom made guns for rent? But all that doesn't matter......I just asked the guy why a demo was so important or why he wanted one.. You guys get worked up over NOT MUCH.

I know a guy who orders all his cars....before they are even available to the dealers. $100,000 cars he orders.....never even sat in one much less test drove it.
                      PS how is that barrett 6.8 as I have an AR myself and have thouht about it but never went any ferther
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                      X