• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ROPUMP ON EBAY. 131.00 shipped to me in wisconsin

Originally posted by asstyme View Post
    now i want a black one too :d
    why not call for a demo ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Well that is what got the Ro Pump fever going on this forum. Last year at the Pumper and Cleaner show they told me they where no longer bringing them in. So I made the post about the Ro Pump and then bought the second to the last one AJ Coleman had in stock.

But now that many are reading other posts about how well the Ro-Pump works they are calling around trying to buy the units again. So they brought them back. But they are pricing them so high members of the forum are buying them from an over seas distributer for much cheaper they Rothenberger USA is selling them for.

I noticed that Rothenberger USA has cut a lot of items from the catalog. I think their biggest problem is poor marketing and poor distribution. They do make some really good products, but many never heard of them or can not get their equipment in a decent time.
      Greenlee took over the USA marketing & sales for them. Seems they would get it straightened out.

That thing is way overpriced right now. Too many other ways to complete the task without buying it. At least for me.

Might be able to make one...hmmm.......

J.C.

Comment

Remind me again why the RoPump is so special?

Comment

One thing I can tell you it has payed for itself time after time. As others that own one can tell you, it works really well. What I really like about it is getting the shampoo caps out of the tub drains, or sucking the huge hair ball out of the shower.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          Ron's Facebook
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            One thing I can tell you it has payed for itself time after time. As others that own one can tell you, it works really well. What I really like about it is getting the shampoo caps out of the tub drains, or sucking the huge hair ball out of the shower.
            I pulled three one time with a plunger. I was like David Blaine that day.

J.C.

Comment

It really is a good tool to have because the suction/push you get is way more than you can get with a plunger. Is it over priced for the plastic that it is? well yea.... but it works great!
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                That thing is way overpriced right now. Too many other ways to complete the task without buying it. At least for me.

Might be able to make one...hmmm.......

J.C.

I used to think that way too but the more drains I service the more I realize that it's the simple yet over priced tools like the RoPump, Kinetic Water Ram, Johni-Bar, etc... that make life easier for me down the road.

Sure I could get the job done without these blingy toys but at the end of the month they are saving me time and headache so I'm coming out way ahead. Worth every cent I paid and I'm always looking for the next one to add to my arsenal

Comment

Got my eye on a used grease gun, some gasket material, & a fernco or two.

Dangerous thinking.....

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Got my eye on a used grease gun, some gasket material, & a fernco or two.

Dangerous thinking.....

J.C.

So is this just a take off of the kinetic water ram?

Granted, I'm all for doing things the easy way but the last thing I want in my arsenal is something that's going to lead to a callback because I didn't mechanically clean the drain like most would not only prefer, but constitute the legitimate charge.

The very reason I took the plungers off my truck and use a closet auger for everything toilet related.

If a lavatory or sink is clogged, out comes the drain cleaning machine.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                      So is this just a take off of the kinetic water ram?

Granted, I'm all for doing things the easy way but the last thing I want in my arsenal is something that's going to lead to a callback because I didn't mechanically clean the drain like most would not only prefer, but constitute the legitimate charge.

The very reason I took the plungers off my truck and use a closet auger for everything toilet related.

If a lavatory or sink is clogged, out comes the drain cleaning machine.
                      Keep in mind I don't own one. I wouldn't consider a take on the Water Ram.

A small hand pump that seals where you can get a hydraulic push/pull.

I get what you're saying about "mechanically cleaning". But I'm kind of on the fence about whether you're right or not on the subject.

J.C.

Comment

It does not take the place of a good top snake but it helps when you can't snake the line because of a cross downstream like in old apt buildings. I have used it when it was simply taking too long to find the right bend in my cable or worst yet was starting to tweak out my cables. I get the line flowing then use my micro drain to see in the now cleared line what the problem is or was. Then I can make my bends in the cable based on what I see and length with the micro drain camera. Or in some slum lord buildings just use the ropump and leave, the tenant is happy and the landlord doesn't care because it gets the tenant off their back. If it makes it work for say 2 months then everyone is happy. On a good customer that is willing to pay the labor to do the best job I would not just ropump it and leave as it might lead to a call back. It all matters on the situation.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
                          I JUST ORDERED ONE
                          it was $131.00 shipped to me in wisconsin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

My Ropump Super arrived today.

It looks nice.
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Just picked up a 3 phase 440 v ropump on E Bay !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

mine showed up Tuesday as well.
                              26 days shipping in nuts. but what the hell.
                              I used it at home on the tub and bath sink. made a mess in the bath sink. i didn’t cover the overflow. but it did work great.
                              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                              1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
                                mine showed up Tuesday as well.
                                26 days shipping in nuts. but what the hell.
                                I used it at home on the tub and bath sink. made a mess in the bath sink. i didn’t cover the overflow. but it did work great.
                                Yea, its one sure fire way to make sure the overflow is clean.
                                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                                Ron's Facebook
                                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                                X