Duct Tape one more use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duct Tape one more use

well had a call today for a ball stuck in a shower drain get there the guy is in a hurry he has an appointment and has to get going asap so hes hurrying me I grab the good old K-60 and a length of 5/8" cable and my toolbox and bucket of tools with bits and tarp . Hed up stairs 4 storys and realize I forgot my roding gloves @#$%$#$ O well I look down and low and behold I have a roll of duck tape in my bucket so I rap it arownd my hand a few times and wrap up my thumb and go to town now I wouldnt do that with anything bigger then the 5/8" cable or if I had to go a distance but I only had to go in 5" to grab the ball and it worked packed up and just thought I share my ohther Use for duck tape story
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Re: Duct Tape one more use

How did you snag da ball

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      How did you snag da ball
      sorry I ussed the funnal augger it was a plastic toy ball thin plastic and the funnal auger was new and still sharp
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

How did you snag da ball
        With duct tape, of course!!

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
          well had a call today for a ball stuck in a shower drain get there the guy is in a hurry he has an appointment and has to get going asap so hes hurrying me I grab the good old K-60 and a length of 5/8" cable and my toolbox and bucket of tools with bits and tarp . Hed up stairs 4 storys and realize I forgot my roding gloves @#$%$#$ O well I look down and low and behold I have a roll of duck tape in my bucket so I rap it arownd my hand a few times and wrap up my thumb and go to town now I wouldnt do that with anything bigger then the 5/8" cable or if I had to go a distance but I only had to go in 5" to grab the ball and it worked packed up and just thought I share my ohther Use for duck tape story
          A drain cleaning stud. Genius!
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Personally I would have went back down and got my gloves. I think that would have been the professional thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                Personally I would have went back down and got my gloves. I think that would have been the professional thing to do.

Did you not read the entire post He was on the 4th floor and the customer was in a big hurry.

Comment

Did you not read the entire post He was on the 4th floor and the customer was in a big hurry.
                  Yes I did read the post and it doesn't matter who is in a hurry or what floor your on. It is not professional to wrap your hands with tape because you left your gloves in the truck. Not trying to be rude but its just common sense.

Comment

Yes I did read the post and it doesn't matter who is in a hurry or what floor your on. It is not professional to wrap your hands with tape because you left your gloves in the truck. Not trying to be rude but its just common sense.

Gimme a break.. A buddy of mine snaked a sewer barehanded one time .I told him he was crazy..At least he improvised , overcame , adapted,.Again,
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If I had to rod more then 1 length of cable I would have but the trap was 6" down and I could sea the ball only reason I didnt use shopvac was when it was roughed in they conected it with 2 st 45 as an ofset st45 over st45 down
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

not to menchon like I said he was in a hurry he was already bugen for a discount because he was told we would be there in between 10-12 and I got there at 12:20 like I said only call that can be garenteyed on time is 1st call the rest we try like he!!
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                          Gimme a break.. A buddy of mine snaked a sewer barehanded one time .I told him he was crazy..At least he improvised , overcame , adapted,.Again,
                          So let me get this straight....Its ok for a professional drain cleaner to wrap his hands with duct tape because...

1. The customer is in a hurry
                          2. The drain cleaner forgot his gloves in the truck
                          3. The truck is located 4 floors down

9 out of 10 employees if they got hurt while doing that with duct tape would swear they had gloves on.

I took a shortcut like the one we are talking about and it cost me 30 grand.....so you can learn by your mistakes or you can listen to others.....it only takes once and the job is dangerous enough as it is.
                          Last edited by TheMaster; 12-31-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

30k? breid.........

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                              30k? breid.........
                              Expensive gloves.

Comment

Working...
                              X