X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duct Tape one more use

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
    30k? breid.........
    Chemicals are a bad thing when you ignore the warnings and dont wear gloves. When products age they can change in chemical composition,,,making a normally mild irritant into a very very strong one.

Well my number came up and i wasn't wearing gloves because i was too lazy to get out of the attic and go put some nitrile gloves on.

3 months later i went back to work and i dont touch anything without gloves on while at work. Chemicals had seperated in a tube of high temp silicone. I had a severe acid burn and an allergic immune system reaction that lasted several months. It was more like 40-50 thousand....and a shiot load of nerve pain. basically I was poisoned through the skin.

Comment

Re: Duct Tape one more use

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      Chemicals are a bad thing when you ignore the warnings and dont wear gloves. When products age they can change in chemical composition,,,making a normally mild irritant into a very very strong one.

Well my number came up and i wasn't wearing gloves because i was too lazy to get out of the attic and go put some nitrile gloves on.

3 months later i went back to work and i dont touch anything without gloves on while at work. Chemicals had seperated in a tube of high temp silicone. I had a severe acid burn and an allergic immune system reaction that lasted several months. It was more like 40-50 thousand....and a shiot load of nerve pain. basically I was poisoned through the skin.
      Sorry to learn of your having to go through that experience and pain. Thanks for sharing that about the silicone. I had absolutely no idea, zero, that silicone could separate into components and become hazardous. I guess you just never know. When I do anything with drains I use Heavy duty latex gloves. But... when I use Silicone I usually wipe it off with my bare fingers. All the time. Then I clean up with mineral spirits.

Aye Carumba!

Thanks for sharing that.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
      X