X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile guys look!

6 1/2 hrs at holiday/after hrs resulting in ~$1k bill to remove the grout the ho/tilemaster poured down his line. 6+ units on this line. cut abs 3 places in crawl to dig it out as I didn't want to be the guy who cut it loose to make a problem elsewhere. Got a 5gal bucket 6" deep worth out the line. f'ing trail of set up grout in line from clog back to unit. recovered enough g'dam grout to have done the job (backsplash). what in god's name are people thinking?

how much did you save by tiling that yrself? was it worth it, you silly person? can't wait to hear the grumbling balking teenager-esque excuses/grasping when he's called on the carpet.

There was f'ing half a bag of f'ing grout that I recovered for f's sake!

I'm constantly amazed that people so cluless have enough $ to own property.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Tile guys look!

You have discovered the missing piece of DIY.

The full acronym is: DIY-TCITP

Unfortunately it is often abbreviated to just DIY for obvious reasons
    and is misinterperated to mean Do It Yourself.

The TRUE meaning is:

Destroy It Yourself- Then Call In The Pros!!

Look at it this way, they just made a car payment for you.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

sounds like a condo association.

does the tile man/ owner know they're paying for it

i guess his wife bought him a tile saw for christmas maybe next year she'll buy him a k-60

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        sounds like a condo association.

does the tile man/ owner know they're paying for it

i guess his wife bought him a tile saw for christmas maybe next year she'll buy him a k-60

rick.
        Alex may bill the association.I can garauntee he's let everyone know who's the responsible party.

Comment

Be thankful! Now You can Buy a ROPUMP
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Had a similar thing over 4th of July weekend at a local historic building. They used that garage floor epoxy on all of the bathroom and service area floors and then poured the excess down the floor mount urinal and a service sink which also received the A/C condensate. You wanna see a tough clog, try urinary salts mixed with epoxy
            The whole building goes to a 6" house trap with a exposed inlet so I had the maint guy hold a screen on the end of a wire in it to catch all the crud so I didn't clog up the main sewer. Not sure, but by his lack of grumbling I'd say he had a part in dumping that crap down the line.

Comment

I just finished a tile job (Kitchen floor, bathroom and backsplash) at my son's newly acquired forclosure. Way too friggin cold outside to clean out the buckets that the thinset and grout was mixed up in so I just threw them out. A couple of bucks for a few plastic buckets is a lot cheaper than trying to drill the crap out of the sewer. Ya gotta watch drywallers and plaster guys too. Most of the pro's know not to do cleanouts in the house but some DIY people learn an expensive lesson.

Comment

I usually dump it on the neighbors lawn
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Every time I read something like this it reminds me that "common sense" isn't that common. A small amount of grout is one thing, but that much? Was the guy mixing it in the kitchen sink?
                  Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by bartnc37 View Post
                    Not sure, but by his lack of grumbling I'd say he had a part in dumping that crap down the line.
                    Dead giveaway.

Comment

Some liquid drain cleaners and dissolve grout.

Comment

it's bad enough when the DIYers do it but more often than not it's the tile/plaster pros that do it.
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                          it's bad enough when the DIYers do it but more often than not it's the tile/plaster pros that do it.
                          They may call themselves pros.
                          I don't care if the guy is better than twenty others he does not know his job.

It would be like me putting a 3" riser through the concrete under a beam then drilling it out thereby ruining it.You think anyone is going to think I'm a pro.It's my job to understand my surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                            Every time I read something like this it reminds me that "common sense" isn't that common. A small amount of grout is one thing, but that much? Was the guy mixing it in the kitchen sink?

And using the wife's $500 Kitchen Aide mixer to boot.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

thought you'd enjoy some pics
                              Attached Files
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X