X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K750 cable too short to reach clog

I have a k750 with 100' 5/8 cable but was unable to reach a clog in a 3 in mainline. Anyone know the max length of 5/8 cable this drum will hold? All suggestions welcome.

Ron

Re: K750 cable too short to reach clog

Originally posted by ron_b777@hotmail.com View Post
    I have a k750 with 100' 5/8 cable but was unable to reach a clog in a 3 in mainline. Anyone know the max length of 5/8 cable this drum will hold? All suggestions welcome.

Ron

I carry extra lengths of cable in used motorcycle tires and add them on as needed. Carrying more than 100' in my drum would be a waste as I only need to go over 100' a few times a month.

Comment

If I do add on cable would it be best added in lengths of say 50 75 or a 100 ft length? As the cable gets longer is there a greater risk factor like kinked or broken cable and if so what would be a safe max length for the K750?

Ron

Comment

If I do add on cable would it be best added in lengths of say 50 75 or a 100 ft length? As the cable gets longer is there a greater risk factor like kinked or broken cable and if so what would be a safe max length for the K750?

Ron

I buy my .55 cable in 25' sections. 25' or 50' sections would be preferred. I'm not familiar with the K750.

Comment

thank you

Comment

thank you
            Since you are in North Hollywood, give the guys at JM McKinney a call. They are within 10-miles of you and can take care of all of your equipment needs.

http://www.jmmckinney.com/

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

the 750 can hold 125' of 5/8'' cable plus the anchor cable already installed.

honestly get a 25' section and carry it separately. use it as needed and not store it in the drum.

with the thousands of lines i've snaked over the years in the same basic area as you, less than 10% were more than 100'. plus 5/8'' is not the cable i ran. 3/4'' is a tuffer root cutting cable. that's 100' on a 750.

rick.
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-03-2011, 09:58 AM.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I think Rick answered the question so I'm only gonna post here to say welcome to the forum neighbor! I never thought I'd see someone else from North Hollywood on the forum - LA yes, NH specifically is a surprise.
                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by asstyme View Post
                  i carry extra lengths of cable in used motorcycle tires and add them on as needed. Carrying more than 100' in my drum would be a waste as i only need to go over 100' a few times a month.
                  doesn't this affect you're steering!!
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    doesn't this affect you're steering!!

Don't you have any drains to clear

Comment

Originally posted by asstyme View Post
                      don't you have any drains to clear
                      hey i'm a carpenter !!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                      X