septic pump issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• septic pump issue

hey guys..I'm new here and looking for some help. I am no septic system expert by any means but ill try to explain things the best way I can. everything was working fine, I went away for a week, it got really cold for a couple of days and now my septic pump isn't working properly. if I have a shower, I hear the septic pump start but it doesn't pump anything. also,it will keep on running until I shut it down myself. I then prime it and it seems to work fine until the next time it starts and if does the same thing.....starts but doesn't pump. my neighbour suggested the pipes might be frozen but that doesn't make any sense to me. it starts when it needs to so the float is obviously sensing a need to start. if I prime the pump, if seems to work ok. it just doesn't work properly when starting on its own. anyone have any idea what is going on here???? is the pump screwed or does it sound like some other problem. I'm losing my mind here so any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks.

Re: septic pump issue

I'm not that versed on pumps. Call a recommended professional in your area to help you. The only thing that comes.to.mind with what you are describing is some sort of hydro locked condition. Good luck and let us know what happened.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by u_diddy View Post
      hey guys..I'm new here and looking for some help. I am no septic system expert by any means but ill try to explain things the best way I can. everything was working fine, I went away for a week, it got really cold for a couple of days and now my septic pump isn't working properly. if I have a shower, I hear the septic pump start but it doesn't pump anything. also,it will keep on running until I shut it down myself. I then prime it and it seems to work fine until the next time it starts and if does the same thing.....starts but doesn't pump. my neighbour suggested the pipes might be frozen but that doesn't make any sense to me. it starts when it needs to so the float is obviously sensing a need to start. if I prime the pump, if seems to work ok. it just doesn't work properly when starting on its own. anyone have any idea what is going on here???? is the pump screwed or does it sound like some other problem. I'm losing my mind here so any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks.
      If your pump has a air vent in the pump case make sure its clean. Some water will flow from that hole when the pump operates.

Make sure the water level isn't pumping down to low.

Hope this helps some!

Comment

your symptoms sound like the 3/16'' air vent drilled into the discharge line. this vent hole is typically drilled at a height that is equal to the height of the pump, below the check valve and pit cover.

since the pump works with help, then the line is not frozen. a bad check valve would typically cause the pump to cycle when it turns off.

also check the float level to make sure it's turning on at the the proper level. too low and it could cause your symptoms.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X