Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help Quickly on Septic Tank Issue!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Quickly on Septic Tank Issue!!!

we had our septic system pumped this past July for the first time since we purchased the house 10 years ago because the drain field was area was wet and there was an awful stench around the house. All has been fine until approx. one week ago. I noticed that my dogs have dug 3 to 4 holes in the yard right where the drain field is. Each of these holes in filled with sewage and the stench is back. Any idea what the problem could be?

Re: Need Help Quickly on Septic Tank Issue!!!

Have you had a lot of rain?
    Is something constantly running and flowing a lot of water into the septic tank?
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

we had snow on Christmas day that stuck around for approx 3 days, then we had two days of rain. It has now been dry for a few days and the water level in the holes has stayed constant...
      Not aware of anything constantly running into the tank....

Comment

Originally posted by bpendrak View Post
        we had snow on Christmas day that stuck around for approx 3 days, then we had two days of rain. It has now been dry for a few days and the water level in the holes has stayed constant...
        Not aware of anything constantly running into the tank....
        Could a neighbor's leech field be soaking your field?
        Or run-off from somewherelse?

Have you tried using as little water as possible to see if it helps?
        I use toilet after wife so we flush once.
        We shower which uses less water than a bath.
        Loadishwasher until full and then wash.
        Also load clothes washer until fulload.
        I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
        It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
        "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Neighbors field is on the opposite side of his house. As far as h2o usage, we do all of the same things and adhere to the "if it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down." mantra. Cant see that the h2o could be coming from elsewhere.
          Btw.... Thx for your help

Comment

If you are on city water, check the meter for unintended usage. You can also look in the cleanout to see if water is running. Also you can dig between the drainfield lines or in another area of the yard and compare depth of the ground water to the depth over the drainfield. If they are the same, then it's a water table issue. Other wise it's a drainfield problem. Ask around for a trusted installer to have a look at it.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

They dont last forever. There comes a time when the field will no long take it. It your tight with water and it still is above grade thats not good. A system should be able to handle the change of the seasons if its working well.

Comment

It's done.... put a fork in it. ask your neighbors for a good installer.

Comment

I'll have to get someone out to look at it... However, if it is "done", as the last post stated, i am literaly up **** creek! There is NO WAY I can afford a new system. Perhaps a 4 or 5 hundred dollar repair, but not any more than that.

Comment

Check with your local health department. I've heard of programs to fund septic system repair when the owner cannot afford it.
                    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

get a second mortgage or refinance. by the way keep your dogs out of it. breid.................

Comment

Dogs do love septage not as much dead fish or deer poop, but its right up there.

Comment

Working...
                        X