Sectional questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sectional questions

Was reading the "Rodrunner" thread and had a couple questions but they didn't really apply to the Rodrunner so I thought I'd start myself a new thread.

These questions are mainly directed at Gene, Rick but input from all is welcome.

I'm newer here so could someone translate Gene's ladies for me.

Edith? Candy?

I do work alone so having the (wired) remote switch is necessary. It sounded like Candy was a reference to this?

Coming up I used both drum and sectional machines. I currently use an Eel and a Spartan(300) for 3" and up. I use the drum in finished basements where I need to save on mess.

The talk of using a drill is interesting to me...has anyone ever made a video? I'd like to see it done on a tough root blockage...maybe I'll make the transition.

I am also interested in the K-60. I have used one a couple times but am not really too familiar. I guess one question I have while we are talking about using a drill is why not just use the drill on the 7/8" cables as well? Another K-60 question...I had a guy tell me to run it in reverse on the way in and in forward on the way out...is that correct? How far have you run with the K-60 (7/8"). I have run out passed 250' (200' recommended limit) before with my Eel...just wondering what to expect out of the K-60?

I like the idea of being able to clear building sewers with it as Rick has posted (using inner core cables) and I love using it on a roof (This is where I used one in the past...borrowed from another plumber I know). I could also get rid of my K400 which I currently use on stubborn or long kitchen lines such as trailer homes(kitchen in front runs all the way to back...usually 60' plus).

Re: Sectional questions

I have been running the drill and eel for 16 years and love it.
    Once you master it is an awesome set up to have.
    I have a drum and a K-60 the drill and eel will out do both in raw power on all types of clogs. The drill and eel set up has been around for years it's not new but it sure does work good. It's my Ace when the going gets tuff
    I would only run the 1.25 cable on a drill not the 7/8 IC wont handle the stress like the 1.25 eel or general IC cables
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

well edith is his drill and candy is not a piece of equipment but is his significant other, that helps him in the field.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

the 7/8'' cable would be a little tricky in it's present length. 15' is just too much slack for the 7/8'' cable.

i'm thinking a 7.5' - 10' inner core would be the trick. plus you scale back the drill to a right angle drill so that you don't over power or over speed the open cable.

my 1.25'' inner core are 10' long with my get out of trouble cables at 4' long.

my k-60 gets used up to 150- 165' max. it also is used 90% of the time and the timberwolf 1.25'' is the other 10% for known nasty problems.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Do you run your timberwolf on low rpm ? If I run mine on high there is no clutch. So imagine it would be run on low for clearing drains Sorry I know I have asked before. Where can I get an adapter for the timberwolf? I have yet to make one.. Thanks again
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Do you run your timberwolf on low rpm ? If I run mine on high there is no clutch. So imagine it would be run on low for clearing drains Sorry I know I have asked before. Where can I get an adapter for the timberwolf? I have yet to make one.. Thanks again
            You can stop the dewalt on high.You gotta make it.Low works better.

Comment

high will get you in trouble when you hit a spot that causes the cable to stop.

an adapter is nothing more than a cable coupling and a shaft. welded or pinned together.

i used a 5/8'' grade 5 bolt and ground down the shaft on 3 evenly spaced spots to allow the chuck to grip without slipping.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                well edith is his drill and candy is not a piece of equipment but is his significant other, that helps him in the field.
                Yep, what cuda said!
                Candy is my wife, we work together.
                Edith is my drill.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by MainDrain View Post
                  The talk of using a drill is interesting to me...has anyone ever made a video? I'd like to see it done on a tough root blockage...maybe I'll make the transition.

I'll try to film the next one.
                  I just found one from the other day (soft pack clog) that was pretty interesting due to a crawl space with a 2' X 2' access. No way in he11 a drum machine could have done this job without a Carpenter and a jackhammer, but yet again Edith prevails.

Only problem with the video is my backwoods Mainer accent is wicked bad in this one
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                  X