X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinning or pulling?

Ok , How many of you pull back as much cable as you can when you are retrieving? I feel as if spinning the cables on the way out would do a better job. But feel if they want to pull out freely it's all good. Also another thing is when the cables are spinning out they might be spinning off what your cables just spun through ..Any thoughts
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Spinning or pulling?

i pull out 75% of the cable when i can. the high speed and water will knock off anything that's sticking on the cable, except roots on my sectionals.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i pull out 75% of the cable when i can. the high speed and water will knock off anything that's sticking on the cable, except roots on my sectionals.

rick.
      Thanks, with the reverse auger though you feed going in and through the tough spots in reverse and switch to forward coming out correct ?

Comment

i try pulling it out by hand and if need be i still use reverse so i don't loose the catch of the day usually it just needs a few spins to get back out of a tight fitting. the trick is to go in slow to do your cleaning and run lots of water once it clears. keep the cable spinning to wash it good and wash the sludge away. it's only the kitchen sinks that can get messy. those require lots of water and spinning to clean the line and cable. kitchens i prefer the 4 blade cutter.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Gotcha ! Thanks again, Rick

Comment

I always spin it as it comes out Its got too make it double clean

Comment

well kind of a different call but with the K-60 I just pull most of the cable out cause every time I feel the blade hit a spot I work it a half dozzen times befor going on . Now with the K-7500 well thats a no brainer self feed so so spin in & spin out sorry had too
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
              X