Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommendations for a Drain Cleaner

Originally posted by handybull View Post
    When you or one of your maintenance hacks gets the cable stuck. It is going to be very costly to get it out

Maybe.... or maybe I'll be able to save hundreds of dollars and hours of time waiting on guys that are late and can't get past the p-trap like some of the "liscensed" guys that I've had to go baby-sit or call back again and tell them to try it from another connected drain.

There are discussion threads of "pros" getting lines stuck and broken.

How about if you don't call me or the folks I work with a "hack" considering you have no idea our skills or experience, and I won't call drain cleaners "sheisters" because sometimes one of them show up, say they can't clear the line and charge me $150..

I've really appreciated the input and support from the forum. Lets keep it positive

I hear your point, there are dangers and risks for unexperienced folks working a drain lines. I'll see how it goes

Comment

Good luck just don't use that K50 on sewer lines to small. Keep it to the small stuff.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Saw that K-50 on Ebay. I didn't know Ridgid sold a 5/16" x 50' cable and where would you need it?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          I didn't know Ridgid sold a 5/16" x 50' cable and where would you need it?

You might need more than 50' if the sink is in front of the trailer house.

Comment

Originally posted by ickmo View Post

Maybe.... or maybe I'll be able to save hundreds of dollars and hours of time waiting on guys that are late and can't get past the p-trap like some of the "liscensed" guys that I've had to go baby-sit or call back again and tell them to try it from another connected drain.

There are discussion threads of "pros" getting lines stuck and broken.

How about if you don't call me or the folks I work with a "hack" considering you have no idea our skills or experience, and I won't call drain cleaners "sheisters" because sometimes one of them show up, say they can't clear the line and charge me $150..

I've really appreciated the input and support from the forum. Lets keep it positive

I hear your point, there are dangers and risks for unexperienced folks working a drain lines. I'll see how it goes

I am keeping it postive. I didnot Flame or disrespect you. How I really fill is too Harsh for this forum.

The point I am trying to make is that you are taking work away from pros. Come here and ask several of them here for advice. when you are taking the food off their table? Now you have a buddy that " in the past" was a drainguy? Iam done

Good day

Wait a minute. You are just a property manager. Well ok. I get it. We have words for Your kind in this biz. I will not say it here. Any way whats your plan on attacking the drains
            Last edited by handybull; 01-10-2011, 05:23 AM. Reason: to snap

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              OMG what is going on here? We have complete agreement? This is crazy I tell ya, we need some body to spoil the party. Because I have never seen this before.
              OK you want a party spoiler Ridgid K 3800 with durms for 1/4" 3/8" and 1/2" thn you have most all you can rod with one machine also and if yo want for what he is doing he could skip the 1/2" drum and cable then theres no sections all in a drum 50' 1/4" and 75' 3/8" on wheels but then I have a K-60 and a K-45 in my van but I do own 2 eel drum machines 1- 50' and 1- 75' both with the eel 5/8" cable witch reminds me the 75' has to be canged so I need to rent a new machine from HD to swap cables for $45.00
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                witch reminds me the 75' has to be canged so I need to rent a new machine from HD to swap cables for $45.00

lmao

Comment

OK you want a party spoiler Ridgid K 3800 with durms for 1/4" 3/8" and 1/2" thn you have most all you can rod with one machine also and if yo want for what he is doing he could skip the 1/2" drum and cable then theres no sections all in a drum 50' 1/4" and 75' 3/8" on wheels but then I have a K-60 and a K-45 in my van but I do own 2 eel drum machines 1- 50' and 1- 75' both with the eel 5/8" cable witch reminds me the 75' has to be canged so I need to rent a new machine from HD to swap cables for $45.00
                  Do you have the eel dualmatic 5/8" cable in those? I didn't know that HD rented machines with that cable

Comment

Hi and wlc,

I understand your position. There are plenty of liscenced pita's out there. If you've gone that route and been driven back to destroying it yourself, well, that's what has happened and it is too bad and I wish I was closer so I could show you what service is.

I jet most sinks.

I cable most tubs/showers.

Vanity sinks are the gordian knot, and I sometimes have to beat them twice, once with each machine, to do a good job. Sad fact but it is what it is.

tubs = hair = cable
                    sinks = slime = jet
                    vanities = either or both...feel lucky?

Hope the k-50 is doing what you need it to for you. It's a good machine, but for the grease in kitchen sinks I am firmly convinced by years of experience that a jetter does a better job than a cable. That said, for your sitch, the k-50 is probably making you real happy.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                      Do you have the eel dualmatic 5/8" cable in those? I didn't know that HD rented machines with that cable
                      I have the model Z-5 I think they call it 2 of them with open reals and soft covers I got drom dura cable to cover the cages to ceap the spray down got both for under $300.00 each off HD reantals 1 with 50' of 5/8" cable and 1 with 75'
                      http://www.electriceel.com/ go to eels sight under rentals and scroll down to Z5 not the model E I have the 2 with the dollys I do know it is an IC cable kind of loose but works good like a sec. cable but a drum
                      Last edited by post plumber; 01-11-2011, 11:43 PM.
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I have the model Z-5 I think they call it 2 of them with open reals and soft covers I got drom dura cable to cover the cages to ceap the spray down got both for under $300.00 each off HD reantals 1 with 50' of 5/8" cable and 1 with 75'
                        http://www.electriceel.com/ go to eels sight under rentals and scroll down to Z5 not the model E I have the 2 with the dollys
                        So what you are saying is you rent machines from hd and swap out their newer cables with your worn out ones ??? Hey do they rent sectionals with new cables too..That is funny just not for the next guy that needs to rent ..
                        Last edited by OLD1; 01-11-2011, 07:17 PM.
                        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post

So what you are saying is you rent machines from hd and swap out their newer cables with your worn out ones ??? Hey do they rent sectionals with new cables too..That is funny just not for the next guy that needs to rent ..
                          beets buying a new cable I dont kink the cable to bad it has a spot on it from when I bout the machine thats why he marked it down now hes getting his cable back
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

http://www.electriceel.com/ go to eels sight "under rentals and scroll down to Z5 not the model E I have the 2 with the dollys I do know it is an IC cable kind of loose but works good like a sec. cable but a drum

As far as I know, the largest cable the Z-5 will run is 1/2".

The Model N (closed drum) runs the dualmatic 5/8" cable. Open wound 5/8" outer cable, tight wound 5/16" inner cable. Basically looks like a smaller version of a 1.25" model C cable.

Ron just showed me his model N yesterday. Now I'm jealous

Comment

here is the demond
                              Attached Files
                              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                              X