X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Bails on Customer's

Sent machine k-60 back to ridgid to have some problems checked out, which they did and sent back, the problem is I never received my machine. It went to the wrong address and disappeared. Now Ridgid beiing the outstanding company it is has pitched the problem off to fed ex and 6 weeks later I am out of a machine and NO ONE is doing anything. Thanks alot RIDGID. Could someone refer me to a spartan rep in the west michigan area PLEASE.

Re: Ridgid Bails on Customer's

Josh makes these things right! He'll be along tomorrow, I'm guessing

Good luck, hold on a little longer
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have had Fed Ex ship my package to a wrong address. Nextel had my address on the package nice and clear, but the Fed Ex driver assumed it was this other street on his route and dropped it off there. Fed Ex ended buying me a new cell phone.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i'm sure ridgid will be glad to fill out the proper paper work with FedEx. but the real issue is with FedEx.

my buddy's brand new dell computer was delivered to an address across the street from his shop. FedEx ended up paying dell for a new laptop.

biggest problem is the box is usually marked with the ridgid label on it. everyone knows it's valuable. at least yours is showing it was delivered to the wrong address.

i've fortunately have had good luck with ups and FedEx. but there are times when a 5k machine has been left at my doorstep

i would see what FedEx has to say and file the paperwork. you might need to purchase a new one and then get reimbursed for it. but get everything in writing first.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

My friend Mike works for Fed Ex, their drivers are all contractors or work for a contractor. Now the drivers have to scan and load their own trucks. As they scan the packages the computer prints out a route map for them.

Like I said in my case the address was correct and it had the proper street listed our street is Road and its a West street so it had 123 West Any Street Road listed, but the driver got lazy and assumed it was 123 North Any Street Ave. since he had other packages that went there.

When the driver went back there to get the package the people played it dumb stating they never seen it. So Fed Ex had to pay for a new phone.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Why so quick to blame Ridgid? Fedex is the one that delivered it to the wrong address. Or did Ridgid ship it to the wrong address?
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Usually it goes like this; You shipped the product to ridgid, they got it,you are no longer the shipper because it arrived. They worked on it, then They shipped it to you, at the point they sent it to you they became the Shipper and they have to deal with the shipping company to bring this to a conclusion.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                Why so quick to blame Ridgid? Fedex is the one that delivered it to the wrong address. Or did Ridgid ship it to the wrong address?
                I don't think I would call six weeks quick.

I had an apartment comples where the K60 was used regular (from the roof) and six weeks would not be acceptable time to be without it.

I also know how funds can be tight (especially in Michigan). This may be or could have been (theoretically) a new company who doesn't have an extra 2k laying around to cover it.

Comment

I guess it depends on who is responsible for the wrong address. If Ridgid gave Fedex the wrong address its on them. If you provided the wrong address to Ridgid you might be screwed. If fedex dropped it at the wrong door that's on them. There's a paper trail. See who dropped the ball. Before laying blame.

It should be insured either way but the process might be slow for reimbursement.

Comment

I'll check in on this one and see what I can find.

Were you able to verify what "wrong" address the machine was sent to? Where did our service center get the address that they returned the tool to? Did Fed Ex just straight up ship to the wrong address entirely? Just trying to get some of the facts.

Josh
                    Last edited by Josh; 01-13-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                      Usually it goes like this; You shipped the product to ridgid, they got it,you are no longer the shipper because it arrived. They worked on it, then They shipped it to you, at the point they sent it to you they became the Shipper and they have to deal with the shipping company to bring this to a conclusion.

That sounds correct. Most of the time products are shipped FOB meaning once they leave the door they are no longer the shipper's responsibility. If a product gets damaged or lost during shipment then it is the receiver's responsibility to make a claim with the freight company. However, in this situation the product obviously arrived at the original destination but never made it back. Regardless, I don't think anyone here would expect the customer to be responsible for something the shipping company lost or didn't lose ;}
                      JERRYMAC
                      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
                        That sounds correct. Most of the time products are shipped FOB meaning once they leave the door they are no longer the shipper's responsibility. If a product gets damaged or lost during shipment then it is the receiver's responsibility to make a claim with the freight company. However, in this situation the product obviously arrived at the original destination but never made it back. Regardless, I don't think anyone here would expect the customer to be responsible for something the shipping company lost or didn't lose ;}

FOB? Freight out bound?

Whoever pays the shipping is the party responsible to file a los r damage claim
                        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Yes that is why most manufactures charge to the customer
                          JERRYMAC
                          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Im settling up with Fed-Ex today, Going in person and coming out with answers. I don't understand how they leave such valuable stuff on doorsteps little lone on other peoples door steps.

Comment

fed ex and ups always leave things at my front door.my new pro press.. front door.new computer..front door.bbq grill...front door. and the best one yet...my smith&wesson being shipped from the factory,ups left it on the front door with a huge label that said FIREARM ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED all over the package.

Comment

Working...
                              X