X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

Nozzles for 2" and under, I have been happy with the custom drilled units I bought from Aqua Mole. I have not bought any stainless hose, I probably would but I have had good luck with my parker hoses. If I can't get them to take the turns I look for a spot to cut into the line. My inside unit specs are gas powered,(sits outside) 5.5hp, 2200 psi, 2.2-3gpm. 3/16 hose and 1/4" 50' and 100'. I myself have been waiting for someone (else) to purchase the new 1/4" warthog and run in though some real world jobs and report on it's use after like at least 10 jobs.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Water cannon has a 1/8 hose that I have been using for 2 years. One of them I just use to thaw water line. The other one I use for kitchen sink and going though traps. A Parker store just opened in town. I think I'm going to try some different hose in 3/8. I have been using 3/8 steel on straight shot it last, not so flexable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        master; I use parker 418c in 1/4" for 5.5gpm and like it. don't know what size you are looking for.
        A hose for 1.5-2" k-sink lines. I need 75' of hose. Set me up What do I want? I would use it once a month. I want homemade.

Comment

master,

i'm ordering hose mananna. pm's etc seem not getting through. find me by noon if you want some exit flex. Alex. 970 485 2669.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

We bought some 1/8" braided stainless from Nick at US Jetting a few years ago. It was good until we broke it then could not get it repaired. It's probably sitting in the corner of the factory along with all the other one-hit-wonders I have purchased over the years like the aluminium spinning nozzle with blades that flick out when spinning, etc, etc, etc!
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

This may be a silly question but I have very little experience with jetters. If you are jetting a 1.5 - 2" line what do you do about the backflush of water until it is cleared? Or is this only used after clearing with a cable(in which cast there still would be some backflush)?

Comment

Originally posted by MainDrain View Post
                This may be a silly question but I have very little experience with jetters. If you are jetting a 1.5 - 2" line what do you do about the backflush of water until it is cleared? Or is this only used after clearing with a cable(in which cast there still would be some backflush)?
                I catch the backwash with a bucket, stop jetting to clear the bucket. Then resume jetting, in most cases I have to empty the bucket a couple times.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

on the smaller lines that are plugged, you use a smaller hose and thus less gpm is produced. typically with a stoppage that can get messy with excess waste water, i'll cable the line to allow flow then jet with a forward nozzle to push it down. also jetting in 1 direction/ forward will help keep backwash down. a foot valve is a must. it stops an starts the flow in an instant.

if the line has a c/o that will not make a mess inside, then all jetting is no problem.

the key is to control the flow and use the proper nozzle to open the line quickly. once open, then a better scouring nozzle can be used.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PA...S30B&Wtky=HOSE

Found this one but it only goes down to 3/16"

http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PA...S40B&Wtky=HOSE

This one goes to 1/8"

Comment

Sorry for the veer off of topic...

Are the small jetters useful on hair (such as a bathtub)? I assume you would have to remove trap rather than going thru overflow. How about 2" shower traps? Or are you guys just using them on kitchen w food/grease build up?

Is this a "premium" type service which you charge more for (than cabling)? Do you extend the warranty due to the jetting? (Rick)Do you charge for cabling and jetting? What are the selling points?

Due to the poor economy here I'm not sure I could sell this. I could open the drain with a cable for "X" dollars or jet it for 3 times "X" dollars...don't think that would play well at this time...maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

jet kitchens (food and grease). cable tubs and showers (hair). very very rarely jet tubs/showers (massive cast iron flakes) after cable. jet vanities (toothpaste and spit) occaisionally cable vanities (hair). generally jet washer boxes (lint), but sometimes cable, sometimes both. generally jet floor drains, fall back to cable if something warrants it. in almost everything, I would like to jet, but sometimes feel it better to cable due to what I suspect is in the line or for water management reasons. that goes for services too.

Unlike most, on a sink, I jet first and think about if I should run a cable down it for hair after if it is a vanity. jetting a sink is faster and makes for less prep and cleanup than a cable; no cable spinning spraying black. that is why I jet first; the line is clean except maybe for some pressure washed hair, and the cable doesn't come back with black all over it if I've jetted first.

Same price. Why would I charge extra for something that is faster and easier for me?

I price by the fixture for the first hour. Most sinks 30-40 minutes. plenty of time left to run a cable if I feel the need and stay under an hour.

Methods are area/construction specific. Jetter won't do threaded bends (or not more than 1, maybe 2). so if you see a lot of galvy, it's not a good option for you. most everything here built or at least remodeled no earlier than the 60's, most 80's or later. mostly all pvc, abs, or cinh, some clay services, some hubbed cast, little to no galvy or orangeburg. I've cut orangeburg to ribbons with a jetter.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X