Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless Steel Jet Hose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stainless Steel Jet Hose

    Who is using small stainless jet hose and what nozzles are you using along with it? What size and lengths?

    What applications are you using it for mainly?
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

  • #2
    Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

    I just bought one. Haven't used it yet. I got it to jet sand filter manifolds. Alot of them at 3/4" pvc with a sweep or two 45's so I needed an 1/8" hose and this is what I got. 100' long. I got soaked by my Spartan rep for it but I had the fitting I had to go through at the office and I neede to know the hose would go through so I had him come by with one. Next time I'll buy it elsewhere.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

      I use brass braid poly-something covered 3/16" id for up to 2" lines. exitflex dp1.3. sold by us jetting and by harben. it rocks. I have or had some of the exposed braid stainless stuff. hated it. probably threw it out, dont know dont care. exit flex dp1.3; the best and only stuff for jetting up to 2" lines at 2gpm.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

        i have lots of 1/4'' and 3/8'' id stainless with teflon inner core hose. i get them made at a hose shop in 50'-100' lengths. they are slick and have the smallest od of all hoses i have. great for doing 1.5'' and 2'' lines. plus i get them with ss ends and then nothing rust.

        not a cheap hose, but what is when you get jetting hoses?

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

          I bought some off of Spartan many years ago, never got it. They claimed Fed Ex delivered it when when I asked herb who signed for it he hung up and never returned my calls.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          Ron's Facebook
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

            What nozzles are you guys using or is it just the same one every time? Alex, I know you do a TON of jetting through small lines, so what nozzle seems to be best?
            www.firstresponsedrain.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i have lots of 1/4'' and 3/8'' id stainless with teflon inner core hose. i get them made at a hose shop in 50'-100' lengths. they are slick and have the smallest od of all hoses i have. great for doing 1.5'' and 2'' lines. plus i get them with ss ends and then nothing rust.

              not a cheap hose, but what is when you get jetting hoses?

              rick.
              What brand hose is it? I would also like to know the item number of the hose your having made. I'ma see what my hose guy can do for me....maybe you if the price is right. Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

                i don't know for sure, but memory thinks it was a parker hose.

                what you're looking for is the psi rating and id, vs od. dimensions. of course the bend radius plays the key role. you need to make sure that the company that sells you the hose can also crimp the ends on.

                rick.

                as far as nozzles, you want a short nozzle with all rear, for the turns and i found the spring leader one that general sells is the one that makes the turns best
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i don't know for sure, but memory thinks it was a parker hose.

                  what you're looking for is the psi rating and id, vs od. dimensions. of course the bend radius plays the key role. you need to make sure that the company that sells you the hose can also crimp the ends on.

                  rick.

                  as far as nozzles, you want a short nozzle with all rear, for the turns and i found the spring leader one that general sells is the one that makes the turns best
                  Yeah thats why I was asking for exact numbers,that way I can ask for the proper hose. These guys can crimp anything....if I had the parker number I could cross reference it with another brand of hose....or get the parker hose. There are alot of variety when it comes to hoses and crimped ends as u know.

                  So if you get a chance get me the number off the hoses.....I can get it cheaper than anyone.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

                    there was never a number. i just made sure it was rated for 3000 psi and they gave me a price with stainless ends.

                    check the minimum bend radius and the working pressure along with the burst pressure.

                    remember that the stainless braid will wear plastic fittings as the stainless is exposed and acts as an abrasive going around the plastic fittings.

                    rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      there was never a number. i just made sure it was rated for 3000 psi and they gave me a price with stainless ends.

                      check the minimum bend radius and the working pressure along with the burst pressure.

                      remember that the stainless braid will wear plastic fittings as the stainless is exposed and acts as an abrasive going around the plastic fittings.

                      rick.
                      So the outside of the hose is exposed stainless? I'll pass on that...I want somthing smooth.


                      What parker hose to you like that has a plastic or rubber covering?

                      Anyone feel free to chime in....I dont care who answers. I just want advice on which Parker brand or Gates hose to look for and that you have had goodluck with.

                      Now here is a real jetter......Guy said it runs 80gpm at 2500psi




                      Last edited by TheMaster; 01-14-2011, 04:41 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

                        Why is that guy jetting a 4 inch line with a 1 inch hose at that GPM??? Maybe its bigger pipe below?

                        Stainless or brass braided hose is WAY better than smooth hose for jetting small drain lines. Far less friction when navigating several bends.

                        Anyone running a 1/4" Warthog off of this type of hose? I am considering getting one.
                        www.firstresponsedrain.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

                          id never get an 80 gpm machine off idle, and it'd still be too big lol.

                          nozzles for 1/8 inch, i like arthur products and the spherical ones gorlitz sells, i think mustang (the us mustang, not our buddies down under) sells them too, but I couldn't get their website to work last I tried. the spherical ones are nice just for the weight in hitting blind back to back drops.

                          I hate exposed braid hose. I'm so sold on exitflex dp 1.3 I won't even try anything else.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

                            Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                            Why is that guy jetting a 4 inch line with a 1 inch hose at that GPM??? Maybe its bigger pipe below?

                            Stainless or brass braided hose is WAY better than smooth hose for jetting small drain lines. Far less friction when navigating several bends.

                            Anyone running a 1/4" Warthog off of this type of hose? I am considering getting one.
                            Seems like the braided hose would collect crap on it more so than a smooth coating would.

                            I never said thats what he was running the truck at..only that those numbers are what its capable of.

                            Yes it is a bigger pipe below,its 6"

                            Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                            id never get an 80 gpm machine off idle, and it'd still be too big lol.

                            nozzles for 1/8 inch, i like arthur products and the spherical ones gorlitz sells, i think mustang (the us mustang, not our buddies down under) sells them too, but I couldn't get their website to work last I tried. the spherical ones are nice just for the weight in hitting blind back to back drops.

                            I hate exposed braid hose. I'm so sold on exitflex dp 1.3 I won't even try anything else.
                            He bumped it up a bit but not much and not for long. He hit a hard spot and cranked it up for about 5 seconds and blasted through it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Stainless Steel Jet Hose

                              master; I use parker 418c in 1/4" for 5.5gpm and like it. don't know what size you are looking for.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X