X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen sink drain greasy gray slime

Sometimes I'll have a kitchen sink drain thats clogged with gray slime. What's causing the greasy gray slime? The one yesterday uses gel dishwashing liquid. The worst one I saw, I hand pulled the k-50 5/8's cable out and you could almost not see the cable it was that thick.
    Thanks, Dennis...

Re: Kitchen sink drain greasy gray slime

about 90% of the kitchen sink clogs I see are grease. its from food. the grey soft stuff hasn't had time to set up into the hard white lard yet.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis/Ohio View Post
      Sometimes I'll have a kitchen sink drain thats clogged with gray slime. What's causing the greasy gray slime? The one yesterday uses gel dishwashing liquid. The worst one I saw, I hand pulled the k-50 5/8's cable out and you could almost not see the cable it was that thick.
      Thanks, Dennis...
      IS THE CUSTOMER FAT ? Or 118 lbs?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I had one a couple days ago that gave me some trouble. Full of black sludge.

After I cabled it a couple times,I dropped a blowup bag down the washing machine vent and one down the k-sink vent past the tee's in the wall for each. Turned them both one and let it run for about 10 minutes while watching the front yard sewer cleanout.....Thick black sludge flowed for a few minutes then the water cleared up. easy peasy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ace Sewer; the grey soft stuff hasn't had time to set up into the hard white lard yet.[/QUOTE]
          If I had thought of if I could have saved a jar full. I don't think it would set up. I didn't see any chunks on the cable. Both are newer homes, the kitchen branch overhead in warm basement approx 30 ft. runs. About two years between the two calls. I see more drains than some since I don't do plumbing.
          Thanks for input, Dennis..

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            Full of black sludge. Thick black sludge flowed for a few minutes then the water cleared up. easy peasy.
            The black sludge I assume is bacteria action like a septic tank. The underground or underfloor pipes seem to be black?
            Thanks for input, Dennis...
            Last edited by Dennis/Ohio; 01-15-2011, 12:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

mostly I see it set up in bigger lines in restaraunts. It needs a year or 3 to get to that point, and resi sinks on 2" plug before then. I'm not 100% that this is what happens; seems crazy that that thick nasty goop turns such a pure white, but I think thats what happens.

an odd thing that I've seen in two buildings is restaraunt grease+camera store. something funky happens when the grease gets together wih the developer chems and it makes this bionic sludge. only seen it in two buildings, both with restaraunts and camera stores.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
              X