Micro Reel & Micro Drain...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Reel & Micro Drain...

I'm close to pulling the trigger on these 2 units from www.allanjcoleman.com but still have some questions.

Is there much of a need for the 65' drum on the Micro Drain or will the 30' cover most everything ? Sonde or no sonde ?

There are some 6" clay lines around here, will the Micro Reel be able to see anything at all in these larger lines ?

Re: Micro Reel & Micro Drain...

The MicroDrain depends on the longest 1 1/2 or 2" sink line you can think of. The MicroReel, when I had my hands on one I televised from a 4" clean out on a stack 40' then another 40' of 6" clay after that, I was able to see just fine with it. Not as bright as my full size reel but it does work well. Also remember you only need to buy one full system and you can get the inner drum for the other cable. So in other words you buy the MicroReel system and then just buy the 65' cable with the inner drum. Swapping out drums is a very simple task.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      The MicroDrain depends on the longest 1 1/2 or 2" sink line you can think of. The MicroReel, when I had my hands on one I televised from a 4" clean out on a stack 40' then another 40' of 6" clay after that, I was able to see just fine with it. Not as bright as my full size reel but it does work well. Also remember you only need to buy one full system and you can get the inner drum for the other cable. So in other words you buy the MicroReel system and then just buy the 65' cable with the inner drum. Swapping out drums is a very simple task.

I just got off the phone with Marvin. I will be ordering the MicroReel with the extra MicroDrain drum but I'm still trying to decide if the 65' drum is worth the extra $500.00 to me .....

Comment

Get the 65' then you won't be short in a 50 foot drain
        Don't come up short even if you don't get a lot over 30 feet their will be ones that do. I would get the 65'
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

BUY THE 65! I am one of the fools that bought the 30' then the 65 came out. I can usually push the 30' out it full length no problem and if I could pay the extra between the 2 and get the 65' in a second. Lucky for me I have an old 100 foot B/W flatpack that usually will bridge the gap if I need it.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            I just got off the phone with Marvin. I will be ordering the MicroReel with the extra MicroDrain drum but I'm still trying to decide if the 65' drum is worth the extra $500.00 to me .....
            definitly get the micro reel u you will not know how u got by without it...dont know about 500 for 65' drum i got $1700 price from alan j colman and $1900 at fergy so get it for those w/c traps...

Comment

Originally posted by LThompson View Post
              definitly get the micro reel u you will not know how u got by without it...dont know about 500 for 65' drum i got $1700 price from alan j colman and $1900 at fergy so get it for those w/c traps...

The 65' drum is $500.00 more than the 30' drum.

Comment

i would stick with the 100' micro reel with all the bells and whistles. then if the need comes up for even a smaller more flexible camera, you could buy the 65' inner container micro drain.

both are great systems, but i think you'll have a bigger use for the micro reel.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i would stick with the 100' micro reel with all the bells and whistles. then if the need comes up for even a smaller more flexible camera, you could buy the 65' inner container micro drain.

both are great systems, but i think you'll have a bigger use for the micro reel.

rick.

I would agree but I need something for toilet traps.

Comment

Longer is better!

Comment

Why for the toilet traps?

Comment

Cause' he probably doesn't want to pull toilets if there is nothing in them. Or wants to verify there is something in there and try with the closet auger to push it through ..Then use the camera to see if all is good...Atleast thats why I want one..Many times I have pulled toilets that were draining slow or whatever just to find nothing, and closet augered the toilet while out , again nothing...
                        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I dont no but I would go with the 100' just cause thats about the average house sewer to streat yes some are more but some are less but if you do not want 100 do with the 60 for sure and YES get the soand trust me you will be buying a scout soon after to locate and the real counter is nice when reacording
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by old1 View Post
                            cause' he probably doesn't want to pull toilets if there is nothing in them. Or wants to verify there is something in there and try with the closet auger to push it through ..then use the camera to see if all is good...atleast thats why i want one..many times i have pulled toilets that were draining slow or whatever just to find nothing, and closet augered the toilet while out , again nothing...

bingo

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                              I dont no but I would go with the 100' just cause thats about the average house sewer to streat yes some are more but some are less but if you do not want 100 do with the 60 for sure and YES get the soand trust me you will be buying a scout soon after to locate and the real counter is nice when reacording

The Micro Reel only comes with a 100' drum. It was the 30' or 65' drum for the Micro Drain I was questioning. I guess I'll go with the 65'.

It's only money

Comment

Working...
                              X