X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-39 Drill Died: Warranty?

I've got a K-39. Probably used it only 15 times or so and the drill died. Is Ridgid good about honoring their warranty? I'm not even sure if I have the original receipt. Will that matter? In a situation like this, assuming they honor their lifetime warranty, is there any charge for the repair or replacement of the drill? Thanks guys....

Re: K-39 Drill Died: Warranty?

Originally posted by Notouch View Post
    I've got a K-39. Probably used it only 15 times or so and the drill died. Is Ridgid good about honoring their warranty? I'm not even sure if I have the original receipt. Will that matter? In a situation like this, assuming they honor their lifetime warranty, is there any charge for the repair or replacement of the drill? Thanks guys....
    Without a receipt I doubt they will warranty it. I think they warranty the original purchaser and thats how you prove your the original owner is with the receipt or the card ya send in. Goodluck wid it.

Comment

OK, but let's assume that I can find the receipt (I'll hunt around tomorrow)....??

Comment

Where did you buy it from? Maybe they can be of help with the warranty.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

It was brand-spanking new in the box from E-Bay, so no luck there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Notouch View Post
            It was brand-spanking new in the box from E-Bay, so no luck there.....
            If you paid by paypal you can get a receipt. Just go to yout paypal account and pull up your history.

Goodluck

Comment

Dang! That's why they call you the Master. It was right there in Paypal. Good call. Now can someone give me their thoughts on how good Ridgid is about honoring these warranties and any costs involved?

Comment

it shouldn't be an issue. lookup your closest authorized ridgid service center and give them a call. they will then determine the cause of the failure and know if it's a defect or wear and tear.

my guess it's the trigger/ switch that's bad. should be covered under the warranty.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X